LegacyGT.com

train horn ??

sliCCriC

I wanted those train horns, but I didn't want to deal with an air compressor and stuff... or the price for a really good one, and I already had a carputer. So instead I installed three 5" and one 12" PA speakers under the car (two in the front bumper, one facing out the grille, and the giant one in the engine bay itself pointed down) and hooked that up the the carputer via a 200W amp.

It's PLENTY loud, lol. Like hurts your hears at close proximity deafening. Plust I can play any noises I want, be it a train horn, a musical horn, the sound of crashing glass or a BOV, or air brakes, etc... It's loads of fun. Fun to do the sound of a jet engine starting up and have people looking at my car like WTF?!?!

I wanted those train horns, but I didn't want to deal with an air compressor and stuff... or the price for a really good one, and I already had a carputer. So instead I installed three 5" and one 12" PA speakers under the car (two in the front bumper, one facing out the grille, and the giant one in the engine bay itself pointed down) and hooked that up the the carputer via a 200W amp.

It's PLENTY loud, lol. Like hurts your hears at close proximity deafening. Plust I can play any noises I want, be it a train horn, a musical horn, the sound of crashing glass or a BOV, or air brakes, etc... It's loads of fun. Fun to do the sound of a jet engine starting up and have people looking at my car like WTF?!?!

That's good thinking. Plus hilarious hahaha.

I'm soooo getting a train horn or doing this setup when I got the time/money. I've always wanted one, even when I had my truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived