LegacyGT.com

Virginia

legacyurabus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought this when I first moved to Nova, but after 5 years spent in the DC area, I had enough. I will stick with the slower pace of life and no traffic in Roanoke. ;)

Yep. That's why after 4 years I figure either be back in the heart of the city or far from it. By no means did I ever say I like it in NotVA...especially the traffic.

Yep. That's why after 4 years I figure either be back in the heart of the city or far from it. By no means did I ever say I like it in NotVA...especially the traffic.

I lived in the city for about a year during my 5 year tenure in the DC area. It was ok, I definitely got plenty of exercise from walking everywhere. :)

Yeah, but if you look around at the plates in traffic it's a lot of MD folks commuting in. Tax cuts and favorable business treatment have brought all the major employers out to Nova between Tysons and Dulles. Most recently with Hilton announcing the move of its HQ here from Cali.

I lived in the city for about a year during my 5 year tenure in the DC area. It was ok, I definitely got plenty of exercise from walking everywhere. :)

Yeah, I did 4 years walking up and down the hill in Georgetown and going on 4 years living off of Wilson blvd driving EVERYWHERE. Moving in with the girlfriend in Logan. Definitely ready to no longer be a bridge & tunnel visitor.

Whoa a lot of hate pouring out against NOVA. The area isn't bad except for the prices of everything...the traffic, and generally alot of the people...oh wait..it sucks but I grew up here so I'm used to it. My commute is 15 minutes though, Reston -> Sterling/Dulles and back in the evening. :) The thing I hate the most is the price of houses.

Whoa a lot of hate pouring out against NOVA. The area isn't bad except for the prices of everything...the traffic, and generally alot of the people...oh wait..it sucks but I grew up here so I'm used to it. My commute is 15 minutes though, Reston -> Sterling/Dulles and back in the evening. :) The thing I hate the most is the price of houses.

Same here. Born and raised, 15 min commute from Herndon to Reston. The traffic does stink around certain hours on the beltway and RT.7; but I've gotten used to it. I like that there are places to go and things to do, not to say that its not available in the South; but I prefer the pace up here. As for housing, I thought the same thing. Yeah, we do pay a bit of a premium; but overall the increased cost is tied to increased income. And prices dont seem that bad when you see places like NY and Cali; they consider our housing costs cheap.

^^OMG the rarest of the rare a native born NoVan...

On the other hand small town Va rocks...glad I grew up in a small town.I knew everyone in my graduating class by first and last name.

Didn't say I was born here :p I moved here when I was 4, so I don't remember much about Kansas City.

Very true about the cost of living = higher pay. Go to bankrate.com and compare what you would need to live at the same level in other places in the country. Crazy.

disregard ...got to be a statute of limitations.

Plenty to do around here in SoVa...but alas like DC the traffic stinks...3 tunnels and dozen major bridges.Most of the entertainment is outside activities.Close enough to NC that we go to Outer Banks for weekends.Not a bad variety here,mostly because of the military and move-ins.Natives are really rare here.

Thanks for the info, i think i will go with a couple of my buddies( 2 bad they own mustangs) but if i go ill pm u my cell phone # and we can all hang out. Will u be bringing a grill or anything? if so i can bring the burgers or something else if u want.

(u should spread the word in the VIRGINIA social group as well)

Don't worry about your buddies owning Mustangs....there will be all sorts of different cars there.

There are people caravaning from up north if you want to do that or you can just meet us (check the NASIOC thread I will also keep you updated). We are all meeting and then driving to the other side of the water together (it is like 30 minutes from here).

The event coordinators already have food and grilling set up so no need to worry about that.

There is going to be around 350 people there so it should be great!

Archived