LegacyGT.com

HELP!! Transmission problems!!

WESTcoast

Hey everyone well tuesday night my engine check light came on(completly different than that transmission problem) but since i was going to head to the gas station i decided to go next door to pep boys an get a diagnosic check.

(horrible mistake #1)

I also said hey im due for an oil change, and because it was pouring down raining out side i decided to take it to them.

(horrible mistake #2)

Because im not the type of person to trust pep boys im not going to stand in a crappy lobby for 30mins and wait till they say its done i stood in front of the garage in the rain watching them. So were doing the diagnostic and they found the error code and couldn't figure out what it meant. I typed it into google and got my answer the next day got it fixed at my local Subaru dealership.

(horrible mistake #3)

so their lifting up the car to start the oil change im on my phone but still sorta paying attention to them, and i hear "oh s****" from the guy who was underneath the car. He said he had accidentally drained half of the transmission fluid as he mistake it for the where the oil is stored. Me being a newb to whats underneath the car and such i really didn't know but i know what he drained thou like where it was. So i go to the bathroom real quick and when i got back they said they had replaced the drained transmission oil so they gave after starting up the car again it turned over fine with no wierd noises like the first time they turned it over without filled. So they charged me half price for the oil changed. said fine and drove off.

(horrible mistake #4)

Driving home i noticed a when stepping on the gas hard that the rpm's went up and then gave power to the wheels and this was from a slow roll. The car seems fine and everywhere else the on the road under normal driving conditions. But when i step on it just sometimes not all the times like 10% of the time that drivetrain slip would happen.

So for the rest of the day i have been babying the car as i need it go to from work and to pepboys today to cuss them out. I cant rent and car because im not 24 and plus my mom is already renting a car.

But has anyone seen this problem before or know what its leading to. My outback never had this problem till it came from pep boys. I keep you updated with whats going on with the matter. So help and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Im pretty much a long time subaru lover first time owner plust newb and auto mechanics so bare with me when i get it checked i know people down at the subaru dealership so they teach me stuff about how to check this how to change that. So ill probally take it to there. But what came in my mind is what kind of transmission fluid did they fill it with, the guys at subaru said its full synthetic and this and that.

Subie's JATCO units are JATCO units, in the sense that if you run ATF outside spec, you WILL run into problems. If I were you, I'd go talk to the idiots at Pep Boys about reimbursing you for a transmission flush at the dealer with OEM fluid. You can look in your manual and it will have it spelled out there what ATF oil is OK to use. Go with Subaru OEM.

Well a couple days later i took it to the subaru dealer and got my quote from them, because at the time it was really doing a number to my front diff, and transmission, I told them i would come back sunday, so for then the guy had his technicians redistribute my torque distribution to 25% front 75% rear. and a rev limiter on 5000rpm. They said this would take the force off the front differential and let some of the torque to be lost on the drive shaft heading to the rear wheels blah blah blah i really don't know i have it in writing.

So whole weekend went by and im driving a rear wheel drive subaru. Totally different feel from regular driving and because of all the rain i was sacred to step on it due to thinking i would spin out.

i took it to pep boys sunday and batched at them and thier manager got hella mad and said they would pay for it repairs at the subaru dealership. went to the subaru dealership with the manager and got it all done and the total came up to 500 and the lady paid it off and got my alignment thrown in too!

so yeah

________________________/------\___

so yeah no more rwd wagon :lol:..........:lol:\

But i have my car back and in working condition without a cent out of my pocket!!

Moral of the story is remember to complain at the highest power they will get mad and fire people below them.

Archived