LegacyGT.com

After 220 miles...

Wow. I am loving the LGT wagon a TON.

Took me a bit of time to get the seat right, but now I've got the rake right, and it's good. I'd still like to be able to tip the seat bottom up a bit, but it's not bad. I love the firmness of the cloth seats. And they actually fit me rather well. (6'1, 210) I'd like a little more bolstering, but these do a decent job.

I love the torque of the motor. I'm being good and keeping it at 4k. Well, mostly. :) I hit 4300, then a burst up to 5k yesterday after the car was warm. But those have been the only transgressions.

I might be the only one, but I like the stock shifter. Like I said, go drive a 89 Volvo 240 5MT for a while, and you'll see that the stock shifter isn't so bad. All perspective, I guess.

I like the ride/handling mix. If I had gotten the car in summer, I'd probably thought it to be a little too soft, just as I did when I test drove it. But this winter has brought out some nasty, frost-heaved stretches of road around my house. There, the LGT shines. Very comfortable. My wife still thinks it rides stiffly in comparison to her V70 squish-mobile with 65-series tires, but I think it's quite nice.

And there's one corner around here that has a big dip at the apex... most cars I've had drop the inside wheel into the dip and then rebound out of it, upsetting the car somewhat. The LGT just swallowed it up with great composure. Hardly knew it was there. The car's trajectory was unaffected.

The wiper controls for the wagon seem a little overly fussy, but I'll adapt.

As for the rear window on the wagon, I think it stays remarkably clear in damp weather. I think Subaru did a good job with airflow with that spoiler at the top of the roof to keep the window fairly clear.

Toyo Proxes 4 are sweet. Good steering response, they load up very linearly and stick well in the dry and cold, wet conditions. We just had some snow and they were merely ok, but I got them mainly for 3 seasons.

I like the room in the car. With my driver's seat set for me, I fit perfectly directly behind. Sure, it's no limo, but quite liveable.

I find the seat heaters to be quite effective.

I am driving with a light foot in "normal" traffic conditions, and I'm getting 21.9 according to the computer on my first tank in mixed driving. And that's on crappy WI reformulated swill.

All in all, the honeymoon phase is going quite nicely. :)

Better than me. I brought my car to a buddy's place on my drive home from the dealer and he asks if he can take it for a spin. No problem. He then proceeds to wind it out to 5500 rpms. Oh well, no big deal. I'll take a spin in his new (for him) 2001 Porsche 911 and see what that bad boy will do.

Congrats on the car. Picked my RBP wagon on Friday last week and put over 1000 miles on over the weekend. My total avg. fuel economy over the time was 24.1, but I saw it as high as 25.1. It seems that the economy goes up considerably after breakin.

Dave, you will notice as you put more and more miles on the GT that the engine will bed in and give you a lot more torque. My Heritage has now 100K on the clock and its amazing how much more punch it has now than when I bought it. Seriously I take on a lot of cars off the line etc including GT's and well the Heritage holds its own pretty well.

Adam.

PS Keep the GT running under 5kRPM till 2K Miles

Congrats on the car. Picked my RBP wagon on Friday last week and put over 1000 miles on over the weekend. My total avg. fuel economy over the time was 24.1, but I saw it as high as 25.1. It seems that the economy goes up considerably after breakin.

Wow. That's piling on the miles. :)

I'm at about 350 right now. I need some more road trips. ;)

Dave, you will notice as you put more and more miles on the GT that the engine will bed in and give you a lot more torque. My Heritage has now 100K on the clock and its amazing how much more punch it has now than when I bought it. Seriously I take on a lot of cars off the line etc including GT's and well the Heritage holds its own pretty well.

Adam.

PS Keep the GT running under 5kRPM till 2K Miles

Sounds good mate.

The torque is great. And if it gets better under break-in, sweet. :)

I've only tagged 5k once. Put my foot in it in second gear and before I knew it, there it was. ;)

Archived