LegacyGT.com

Fog lights installed, or do it myself?

silbeej

I'm picking up a legacy SE in a few weeks :spin: , and i was wondering if i should have the fog lights, which i want, installed by the dealer, or just buy them and put them on myself? How hard is it/are the wires there, just a matter of hooking them up and installing the button? Id say i'm fairly technically capable, but if it requires running wires and such i'll pass. :)

^ i don't think so.

i plan to do this myself and from what i remember from reading, the harness is already preinstall from the factory. all you have to do is plug the fogs on the harness; also install the relay under the dash; and new stalk with fog controls.

below is some instructions for the 05-07 models. i'm sure 08+ are the same.

http://www.thel7.com/Accessory%20Install%20Doc%27s/Fog%20Lamp%20Kit.pdf

I love my Subies, but frankly, the fog lights are garbage. You'll find that there's absolutely no difference in lighting when you turn them on and off. Unless you want to show an oncoming car four lights instead of two, save your money. I'm sure someone has done a thread on here about aftermarket fogs. IMHO, that would probably be the way to go.

i installed the factory fogs on my 06...no problem if you can handle a screwdriver and snapping together the fogs to the pre-installed factory harness...only prob was my hands were a bit large to reach one of the sides of the harness that was taped back and had to take off one side of the plastic underneath...and replacing the factory blinker arm is really fairly simple with the supplied instructions

Archived