LegacyGT.com

HOW TO: Remote Start/Alarm in 2005 LGT

chrisinky

Actual in-car pics coming soon...

Items:

Viper 5901 - Two Way 1-mile Alarm/Remote start (5spd safe)

DLPK - CAN interface, door locks, trunk, tach + bypass

ADS-RNG-SUB - Subaru key bypass (RFID pellet + wiring)

DEI 530T - Window module

End result desired:

Remote control start, turbo timer feature, net. safety incorporated, roll windows up/down via remote - open sunroof via remote, activate heated wipers + rear defoger when below 50 degrees.

First off... The DLPK and ADS unit are not compatible, as in the harness isn't plug and play. I found an old two wire harness from a past remote start install and it worked, but you'll probably have to hand solder this.

The DLPK I received was dead, my replacement arrives today and I'll finish pics/documenting things then.

The Window module install will be written up seperate - its VERY easy. The sunroof is VERY VERY VERY easy comparitively.

For now - attached is a diagram showing where to tap for wires.

The main area will be the BCI/BCM - its right below the dash mounted to the steering column. Most wires are at the plug closest to the drivers seat, and there are a few for the DLPK module at the plug closest to the firewall (gray)

Please note - both my vacation pictures AND the DLPK install instructions had errors - ALWAYS TEST ALL WIRES!

Again I'll update this more/better in the next day or two with pictures etc - this should help someone get started.

Defogger/heated wipers - you should diode isolate if you hook them up to the same output (I did) - also note, this is activating the relay directly, you won't see the light on the dash for either, but they will be on - this is because you are interfacing the relay, because the rear defogg switch is CAN based, not simple +/-.

The light flash wire I used is different from all the wiring guides on the internet - its the same one the factory keyless uses, this wire flashes the super cool side mirror lights also :-)

The parking brake (-) wire is required for the manual mode remote start, I plan to interupt this using a relay attached to the net. safety wire in the car. This way, if the car is ever not in netural, or the park brake is not on even if it is in netural the car will not start.

wiring.jpg.827f902f6b50ebb758fe8dc6f7eb60bf.jpg

Update:

The DLPK module is a POS......

The first one I got was totally dead, this latest one works, but sucks...

The just revised the user manual, but orginally it should have:

Interfaced:

door lock/unlock

factory alarm arm/disarm

door and trunk triggers

tach

trunk pop

rear defog

enable the bypass ring module

All through the can bus... but guess what... it does door locks, factory arm/disarm, and thats it....

The manual now ditches the rear defog and trunk pop - but still, I had to manually run a tach wire and run the remote start status output wire to it... why bother!

On top if its lacking features, the freakin thing won't reliably lock/unlock the doors!

I just yanked it out, tapped the factory lock/unlock. I'm about done, but this has added a ton of delay, I do all my alarm prep out of the car, so I've removed the pins for all the wires I shouldn't have needed, and now have to add them back... gotta love it.....

Archived