LegacyGT.com

ots stg1 map w/ stg2 parts (dp, up)

vkchu

this may belong on the tuning section, so mods feel free to move it.

put on a grimmspeed flex up + cobb catless dp but i wasnt able to flash to stg2 map (misplaced the plastic obdii connector). ive been told that its okay to drive like this until i can get around to flashing to stg2, but just wanted some more opinions and etc.

ive been driving it pretty gingerly and have been out of boost as much as possible. dont think ive even taken the car above 3k. a nice plus is better gas mileage.

safe? not safe? what should i be looking out for?

thanks

I wouldn't. The parameters for stage 2 are way different. I wouldn't chance it.

Will your car immediately explode? No. Could you be doing damage to your engine? Yes.

LOG the shyte out of it. Find out if your knocking and such, If you don't hit your boost or fuel cut you should be alright. Just make sure you log it and post those logs up. Since your running only an avo filter it doesn't sound as dangerous as say if you were running my fujita which leaned my car out entirely.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

id log but i dont have the obdii connector!

if i had the connector, id have flashed to stg2 and wouldnt have this problem :]

cmon u tri-state guys, help a fellow lgter out-let me borrow that plastic thing!

i posted in the tri-state forums but didnt get any bites.

LOG the shyte out of it. Find out if your knocking and such, If you don't hit your boost or fuel cut you should be alright. Just make sure you log it and post those logs up. Since your running only an avo filter it doesn't sound as dangerous as say if you were running my fujita which leaned my car out entirely.

He just installed an UP and catless DP as well.

Yep i ran my up and dp in my 5eat for a few months on stage 1 tune. It had to be sorted out through some help with mickeyd. Then i got a full stage 2 protune from TA MIKE. Found out using an AFR that i was running lean and most of it was due to my CAI. However i like to think the CAI also added a good amount of power after the tune.

R.I.P Coxx

Yep i ran my up and dp in my 5eat for a few months on stage 1 tune. It had to be sorted out through some help with mickeyd. Then i got a full stage 2 protune from TA MIKE. Found out using an AFR that i was running lean and most of it was due to my CAI. However i like to think the CAI also added a good amount of power after the tune.

did u have any serious driveability issues (i dont have a cai)? knocking, rough idle, etc? everything seems fine although its been just one day.

ill be at stg2 map tonight.

i should prob swing for a protune as well.

No drivablity issues, Just a ton of timing being pulled which was annoying but i drove my car to and from work which was like 10 miles a day. Never drove it hard till i got my protune. The protune made the 5eat so damn smooth, like it was meant to be stage 2.

Also make sure that when you go stage 2 you have your vacuum lines ziptied down. They tend to pop off after your boost starts jumping up.

If you want more info on the protune i got from Mike let me know. I can send you my mod list and numbers.

R.I.P Coxx

No drivablity issues, Just a ton of timing being pulled which was annoying but i drove my car to and from work which was like 10 miles a day. Never drove it hard till i got my protune. The protune made the 5eat so damn smooth, like it was meant to be stage 2.

Also make sure that when you go stage 2 you have your vacuum lines ziptied down. They tend to pop off after your boost starts jumping up.

If you want more info on the protune i got from Mike let me know. I can send you my mod list and numbers.

i had whitetiger help w/ the hoseclamps on the vac lines yesterday. he put on the up/dp.

i may do mspt for the protune, but im still doing some research.

everything rear of the third cat is stock-still good for stg2 right?

i had whitetiger help w/ the hoseclamps on the vac lines yesterday. he put on the up/dp.

i may do mspt for the protune, but im still doing some research.

everything rear of the third cat is stock-still good for stg2 right?

yep

It would open up a bit with a cbe but still good.

R.I.P Coxx

as borat would say, 'very nice!'

first time i put the pedal down it caught me by surprise.

took my buddy for ride-caught him off guard too. hahah.

yeah i think a tune is in the near future.

ive been missing out on life-no more!

Archived