LegacyGT.com

Is this a decent catback system?

ProjectPechkin

They are all the same exhaust, every ebay exhaust that i have seen is the same x02 style which would lead me to believe its the same materials. Whats funny is that some ebay exhausts are 300-700 dollars i don't see how they can even pull off selling those for more than 325.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Funny how they never show the closeup of the inside welds on the exhausts and any fitment pictures. E-bay manifolds usually have crap for welds (can even tell on the cheap coilovers mounting brackets, etc.). Not parts that i bought, but stuff others have bought and i saw in person.

Maybe some ebay products work...but they are not for me.

Mainly because there is no quality control. Ever seen Chinese made Stainless steel exhausts that rust? I have. XSpower, SSAutochrome, Stone Mountain, GodSpeed, CXracing, etc....etc...etc... all the same junk.

There are some japanese companies that make stuff in china too. But, they have the staff there in place to have QA, and they make sure only certain grade of metals are used.

Everyone should do homework on the parts they are about to buy. There was a reason why Greddy discontinued their M-Spec intercooler. The core they used / or were supplied by the chinese that made it were better off on a refrigerator than a turbo system.

+ these days, there are many american, japanese, european, and local shops making quality exhausts/fab work for performance cars it almost a no brainer to buy quality stuff

i bought mine from cx racing. identical to many on ebay and the xo2. however, unlike other people that have had problems, i didnt have any dents, etc. with the actual tips, mid and y pipes. the problem i had was fitment. the seller claimed it would fit on all 05-07 LGTS. as soon as i tried putting it on the midpipe was way off causing the rest of the system to be completely off. The muffler tips werent centered. i had to spend more money for a local exhaust shop to bend the piping to finally fit.

now that i finally have it on. i like the sound but wish it had a bit more of a growl. i'll be looking to upgrade down the road, but for now it will do

Archived