LegacyGT.com

Think I blew my clutch don't want to get factory one, replacment?

tommboy

What clutch would you recomend I get instead of the factory? I have a 2008 Subaru legacy gt 5 speed, short throw and I have it tuned. It is reving like it isin neutral when I accelerate hard. I think I may have accidentily dropped it from 6 k andthats what has caused this. Any recomendations of what I should get or do purchase would be very helpful as I will need to get on this immediatly thank you .

How many miles are on it? You do a lot of hard drivin huh?

Like he said, haha.

I mean, its hard to imagine your clutch is already done. But if it is, you'll be messing with the flywheel too. You don't necessarily have to switch to a better flywheel when you get an upgraded clutch, but I'd do it if I had the money.

At the very least you need to check and make sure your flywheel is okay, and if you need to resurface it. And if it turns out you need to do that, the easiest thing to do would be to get a lightweight flywheel or throw in a WRX 06+ flywheel. It's what a lot of GT's on this site have done.

wow 22k...I think that's the quickest clutch I've heard of goin (on a lightly modified LGT anyways).

An aftermarket clutch will hold more power/torque.

A lightweight flywheel will allow the engine to rev faster and free up a little bit of power.

You'll notice an aftermarket clutch will grab sooner and much harder than the stock clutch. The car will slow down a lot faster when you are coasting in gear with a LWFW.

If you're going aftermarket, there's a good amount of clutch setups out there. Most guys either go with an ACT or a Spec.

JSCSpeed and Fred Beans Parts are both excellent vendors on this site. I can pretty much guarantee you'll want to buy from them. PM them for their best deal.

Archived