LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT stock anti theft system reliability?

Hey guys so ill be going to college pretty soon and ill be living with my cousin in San Jose CA. Ill be parking outside of her house pretty much all the time and ill be takin the bus or walkin to school (of course im a broke ass college student). So back to my point lately there have been alot of car thefts and robbery's around my house and I pretty much live in the Suburbs gotta get some input either an aftermarket Viper alarm or stock?

If you're broke, you have better things to spend money on than an alarm that nobody will pay attention to.

The best, and free, car theft prevention:

- Revert the car back to stock.

- Remove any expensive (or even cheap, e.g. GPS) electronics from the interior and dashboard.

- Keep the interior CLEAN. No loose change, pricey books, backpack/laptop, loose clothing that "could be" hiding something underneath, etc. Keep everything in the trunk.

If you're broke, you have better things to spend money on than an alarm that nobody will pay attention to.

The best, and free, car theft prevention:

- Revert the car back to stock.

- Remove any expensive (or even cheap, e.g. GPS) electronics from the interior and dashboard.

- Keep the interior CLEAN. No loose change, pricey books, backpack/laptop, loose clothing that "could be" hiding something underneath, etc. Keep everything in the trunk.

This is good advice, I have my ipod lcd on the dash and i guess the people who broke into the car thought it was a GPS, they still couldn't get it off the dash but.... i still need to move it out of sight someday.

lo jack would be nice.

++++ only if they steal the car... Most people just steal everything out of it

lo jack would be nice.

we have an immobilizer now. supposedly can not start the car without the chipped keys. the factory does offer an upgraded alarm. just get the sensitivity turned up.

keep the car clean.

also with the a.p you can ecu immobilize the car.

Archived