LegacyGT.com

650cc injectors w/ stock fuel pump

Yebbey

I don't think anybody knows for sure.

If I were to do it I would run the car in the coldest weather it would see, at the lowest elevation, on E10, and see if it keeps up via logging.

If it passed that test I would be good with it.

The stock injectors and stock pump setup is good for about 260 to 265 g/s if you have the MAF scaled correctly.

650 cc injectors with stock pump should be able to work with the VF52. However, I would get a WBO2 and monitor it. You can always dial down the boost to keep the air flow levels low enough.

I don't think anybody knows for sure.

If I were to do it I would run the car in the coldest weather it would see, at the lowest elevation, on E10, and see if it keeps up via logging.

If it passed that test I would be good with it.

tough one being in houston....coldest weather this year is long gone....although, I have yet to purchase the vf52. The peices are coming together. I suppose I'll get it tuned w/o the pump first and see what happens.

The stock injectors and stock pump setup is good for about 260 to 265 g/s if you have the MAF scaled correctly.

^This would vary with the fuel you are using. Just over 99% IDC peak I've pulled 284g/sec on non-E10 93 octane. This is 100% stock inlet & stock MAF scalar.

• 1 month later...

The 650's may be fine for the stock pump but don't try anything bigger.

If you use too large an injectors, it causes the fuel pressure to drop at high flow rates. This causes a kind of step function in the fueling.

If you are careful and you have a WBO2, you can do it. I'm tuning some 740cc injectors with the stock pump (owner couldn't get 650cc injectors anymore).

• 1 month later...

Archived