LegacyGT.com

Motor Trend Auto Show: Baltimore 2/12-2/15

HansGT

Well, the Subaru area was a let down. Two Impreza's (sedan and hatch), one WRX (sedan) and one STI. They had three foresters...all non turbos. One Tribeca, which I liked inside as well if not better than most other SUV's. Oh and one Legacy....base 2.5i. Can you believe it? Not even a GT, an R or Spec B. How do you expect to sell any when you have an chance to show the best of the best and you show your entry level trim of your "flagship"?

Forester and WRX...interior was a big let down. The dash design and quality = fail IMO. And why does the Forester need so much head room? I think a 7 footer would have no problems sitting in that thing.

Stand outs for me.

Toyota Highlander Sport...interior was really really nice.

Acura MDX and RDX, although RDX was a little small.

Honda Pilot...inside was nice and tons of room. Outside a bit too boxy and truck-like.

Hyundai Genesis. 37,200 starting for the top of the line. For me the interior quality and overall feel of the car blew way the E-class and 5 series. Which were total let downs for cars costing over 50K. Guess you'd have to drive them all, but just by looking at them and the features I think your a bit of a fool to spend 15-18K more on the Germans.

Cadillac STS V. Roomy, plush, high quality and great design.

370Z...looks sexy.

Let downs...

BMW...hard leather seats, weird interior features.

Mercedez E-class....sat inside and was like...this is a mercedez?

Lexus...interiors way too tight. Almost claustrophobic even in their larger sedans.

G8 GXP..interior was total crap.

FX50....SMALL SMALL SMALL inside.

CTS V...small hard to read gauges, gas pedal with no room for your foot and shiny center stack.

Toyota Venza....center stack too wide. Crack your elbow constantly. Just felt weird inside.

Dodge...pick one.

Trailblazer SS interior...was really hoping for more seeing it first hand. Outdated and lame.

Ford Edge....zero room. Some odd thing sticking out into the passenger foot well limiting space...great design :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
i was there sunday.... and the biggest stand out for me was the new taurus SHO. it was really sporty inside. and the new legacy also wasn't as bad as i had previously thought it would be. i would rock one. i actually spend the most time there looking under and in everything. it was a very low turn out for manufacturers this year. one lambo and 2 maseratis thats sad.

A waste of money on both. If you really need to see cars and trucks...just go to the dealer. The concepts they bring are old and not relevant when they make it to DC or Baltimore (if any there).

The exotics are a short drive for most to a nearby exotic retailer. I believe sterling has a Ferrari/Lamborgini new car dealer.

Archived