LegacyGT.com

Hid question

jimmy x

What are the difference between HID Kits and DDM Kits? :confused:

Hi Jimmy X,

Not abouot answering your question, just want to alert you to my post at:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105017

Please choose your HID Kit carefully. Just my opinion and no empirical data to support me at this point, but several problems reported across the world may indicate a problem with low quality ballasts in our Legacy/Liberty vehicles.

Welcome any feedback or any other electrical problems you currently have.

Also. if you are considering or have already purchased a HID kit, let me know and I will try to check it's compliance with the OEM.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Hi Jimmy X,

Not abouot answering your question, just want to alert you to my post at:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105017

Please choose your HID Kit carefully. Just my opinion and no empirical data to support me at this point, but several problems reported across the world may indicate a problem with low quality ballasts in our Legacy/Liberty vehicles.

Welcome any feedback or any other electrical problems you currently have.

Also. if you are considering or have already purchased a HID kit, let me know and I will try to check it's compliance with the OEM.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, I haven't purchased the kit yet. Definitely looking for the right one. I was looking at these from xenonexpert.com

Xtreme Japanese HID kit w/D2S Bulbs

Volt HID kit w/D2S Bulbs

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, I haven't purchased the kit yet. Definitely looking for the right one. I was looking at these from xenonexpert.com

Xtreme Japanese HID kit w/D2S Bulbs

Volt HID kit w/D2S Bulbs

Jimmy X,

I have requested the certification from XenonExpert and eagerly wait their response. Their web site has all the right specs, specifically the EMC E4 (European compliance). Just a matter of viewing the OEMs original certificate for verification, then I will let you know my personal opinion.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Most of thoses cheap kits have no harness. You need to isolate the balasts from the headlight system in the car already. A sub harness with a relay, fused terminal 30, (battery b+) on the relay, and fused 15A output on terminal 87 to the balasts.

Jimmy X,

I have requested the certification from XenonExpert and eagerly wait their response. Their web site has all the right specs, specifically the EMC E4 (European compliance). Just a matter of viewing the OEMs original certificate for verification, then I will let you know my personal opinion.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Thankyou sir for the help on deciding what HID kits best fits my LGT. Since I'm no longer going to need them, not after what happened monday night:icon_sad:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106168

• 4 weeks later...
Jimmy X,

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Hey Mark,

Now about those HID's. I have a new 07 Spec B.

Jimmyx,

Way to go mate! When you get thrown off a horse, get right back on and go again!!! :)

So, I f I read your thread correctly, someone wrote off your car and now you have a later one, plus some emotional stress and a few walks in between.

On the HID topic, it has gone very quiet from XenonExpert pertaining to certification of compliance with CAN Buss. As I have stated in all my threads, that when we find a kit that has the compliance, and it can be verified, then I will share that with all on the forum. I will remain silent for those that do not withstand the scrutiny.

At this point, the Philips Ballast and the Siemens Ballast (genuine items) have specific part numbers registered with the right Testing Labs in Europe, so these are the ones I am pursuing right now. Philips of course we all know about, but Siemens automotive lighting is done through Osram. Both reputable and trustworthy if acquired via the official reseller chain (as opposed to ordered from eBay or internet largely).

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Are you planning on doing a retrofit with HID reflectors from another car? If not, D2S bulbs aren't going to fit your stock reflectors. You'll need H7 bulbs instead.

Thanks man, didn't know that, so H7 it is:)

Jimmyx,

Way to go mate! When you get thrown off a horse, get right back on and go again!!! :)

So, I f I read your thread correctly, someone wrote off your car and now you have a later one, plus some emotional stress and a few walks in between.

On the HID topic, it has gone very quiet from XenonExpert pertaining to certification of compliance with CAN Buss. As I have stated in all my threads, that when we find a kit that has the compliance, and it can be verified, then I will share that with all on the forum. I will remain silent for those that do not withstand the scrutiny.

At this point, the Philips Ballast and the Siemens Ballast (genuine items) have specific part numbers registered with the right Testing Labs in Europe, so these are the ones I am pursuing right now. Philips of course we all know about, but Siemens automotive lighting is done through Osram. Both reputable and trustworthy if acquired via the official reseller chain (as opposed to ordered from eBay or internet largely).

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Patiently Waiting....

Archived