LegacyGT.com

Jalopnik: Subaru Legacy GT a True Sleeper

I adapted the title from their article, but still:

What New Car Is Truly A Sleeper?

By Matt Hardigree, 11:20 AM on Wed Feb 11 2009, 853 views

A sleeper, or Q-ship, is a vehicle capable of high-performance but doesn't let on with flashy graphics or bodywork. What new car is truly a sleeper?

As much as we like the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, the nickel-finished wheels sort of undo the understated performance look of the original two generations. This is why we're picking the Subaru Legacy GT. Just take one look at the Legacy and, likely, you'll look away. In a sea of mid-size sedans it blends in well, giving no hint of the 243 stealthy turbocharged horsies lurking under the hood. And unlike most FWD sedans, the Legacy's AWD system and tight chassis means it can keep up with sportier cars in the twisty bits. Throw in a manual transmission, avoid the Spec.B options and wow your friends with what is essentially a WRX for adults.

http://jalopnik.com/5151473/what-new-car-is-truly-a-sleeper

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

You can have exhaust and be sleeper, there are quite a few nice sleeper cars around here my favorite is a 95 240sx, its white with a teal front bumper, red side skirts and a black rear bumper, oh and did i mention it puts almost 500 to the wheels lol.

Well those i know are fast...im talking about the rednecks in 96 chevy ck1500 with dual flowmasters the 5.3L thinking hes hot stuff, people like that....not a truck that could actually haul butt like a modded diesel or a ram srt-10 chevy ss 454 etc

It think they mean the spec b wouldnt be as sleeper. Idk why, if you dont recognize what GT means on this car then you probably wont know what spec b is.

According to these clowns, the 2008 spec.b has a "more aggressive front fascia." :spin:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105681

Also, the "never before available" si-drive "adjusts the suspension." :spin:

Did they mention that insurance a lot of times considers the LGT a 4 door family sedan, not a sport sedan, ala WRX. Or at least they did in my case. I asked just for giggles about a Rex and insurance was like 180-190/month or more. My LGT costs me 120/month for a car of the same year, same displacement, more power.

Archived