LegacyGT.com

Hand wash >>

It'll cost too much. It's a little bit of work but use the big 12 or 20 gallon buckets. One with soap to wash then one to hand rinse with a mitt. I did it for years and it worked perfect. Worst case is you need a second bucket of clean water to rinse everything. I even used a little styrofoam cup to splash the lug nut holes on the rims and stuff. You wont need a hose and you can wash your car anywhere.

It'll cost too much. It's a little bit of work but use the big 12 or 20 gallon buckets. One with soap to wash then one to hand rinse with a mitt. I did it for years and it worked perfect. Worst case is you need a second bucket of clean water to rinse everything. I even used a little styrofoam cup to splash the lug nut holes on the rims and stuff. You wont need a hose and you can wash your car anywhere.

^^^ Back when I also had no facilities. Works great, although I just used those ubiquitous plastic 5gal buckets. In nice weather I used to put the stuff in the trunk, go to the park, fill up and clean the car then polish when done...... all while getting a good all over tan.

...LOL^. I'm also guilty of the bucket at the carwash thing.

In the winter I can't wash my cars at home since it will ice over the driveway. So i've been known to occasionally fill a bucket full of soapy water at home, go to the self service wash bay, hand wash the car and then rinse with the high pressure wand. It worked great but the car wash owners don't appreciate it too much.

But in the summer, fall, and spring months I hand wash my cars once every week or so. :)

Archived