LegacyGT.com

Factory Service Manuals

JesperKodahl

I bought both the Chilton and Haynes Legacy repair manuals only to find out that they are one and the same thing only the Haynes is printed a tad more clearly. What a scam! And also the books are not exactly the best when it comes to illustrations. Also the car I'm going to buy is the European legacy Spec.B and those are only describing the 4 Cylinder USDM models. Alas!

So that brings me to the million dollar question: Where can you find and purchase Subaru's own workshop manuals?

Thanks

Jesper

Search these forums for "vacation pix" (or pics).

Thanks! Those pics sure come in handy!:rolleyes:

Chilton went bankrupt in 1999. Haynes has taken over.

Yeah I just ordered both from amzon, their 2006 edition. They were identical apart from the cover, just in case some schmuck (re: me) thought he'd get two different ones and would order both, so they could turn a quick dime. Bad ethics imo.

:(

Eeh... yeah? I should think so. I got some nice pics of different USDM models from 05-08 and 09. Only problem is I would love to have some pics of the EDM Spec. B 3.0R

Pics of those seem difficult to find.

BTW. Did you think I was being sarcastic?

BTW. Did you think I was being sarcastic?

That's what I thought you mean with the eye-roll and all. :lol:

I don't know if there is an Outback version out there or not but USDM Outback has the 3.0 since '05 while the Legacy just got it in '08. I wouldn't think there is too much differences between USDM and EDM.

Oh, well. It was more the idea of vacation pics I found funny! I'm not really sure if the European model Spec. B is very similar to the USDM version. I know they come with a 6 speed sti tranny but the USDM engine is 2,5 turbo and the front looks different and I don't know about the sway bars and other suspension parts. Also the interior is rather different between the two. I'm also wondering since ours is coming directly from Japan and yours are made in the US if the parts are completely interchangeable. and if the part numbers are identical.

I got some pics of the USDM 3.0 Outback but that's so different compared to the EDM Spec. B

Archived