LegacyGT.com

Anyone have swaybars (Perrin, etc) w/ stock suspension?

rodan

I'm looking for feedback from folks that have replaced their sway bars w/ Perrin, Whiteline or others, while keeping the stock springs and struts. If you've done this, what was the result?

I'd like to dial out some of the body lean, and sharpen the turn-in, but I also want to keep the ride quality. I'm wondering how far aftermarket sways go toward this end without doing springs?

I have the whiteline swaybars (both front and rear) and my suspension is other wise stock, including stock wheels and tires. With both Swaybars set on the stiffest setting I think it is definitely a step in the right direction towards what you want. It has definitely helped reduce bodylean and helped a lot in slalom like transitions. Turn-in was helped slightly but I think that its really going to take better tires and possibly an alignment to help there. I haven't noticed a degradation in ride quality and even on rough roads I haven't found the reduction in suspension independence to be an issue. All that being said I still feel that the suspension needs to be tightened up some in general and I'll probably end up going the springs/struts or coilovers route to do this.

I added the 20MM OEM RSB with AVO bushings and endlinks. Stock suspension, but 225/40/18's. There is still more roll than I would like......a bit vague and uncommunicative handling. I think the spring/strut combo is the main issue - not sure bigger sway bars would fix everything. After I do some exhaust swapping, the suspension is the next big expenditure.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the JDM rear bar is not much of an enhancement. I also have 18s w/ PZeros, and while they helped a lot, its still not as sharp as I would like. I think I'll try sway bars first then make a decision on springs....

does you tail end come out more since you've upgraded both the front and rears? esp. if you lift throttle in a turn?

Nope...not at all. :) Gives the car a balance feel with a slight bias towards oversteer. Which is what I wanted.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived