LegacyGT.com

In the market for a BBQ and thinking Weber Summit.

Drew888

Guest JessterCPA

Definately go Weber. Regardless of model, get the largest cooking surface you can afford, and make sure yours is at least the 3-burner Weber.

Here is mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/jesstercpa/MIsc%20Pictures/2008-08-01-044.jpg

Probably 4 years old at this point. Works awesome.

I have a Weber Genesis Silver B (3-burner) and I am very impressed with how it is holding up. Mine is almost 10 years old and I haven't had to replace a single part. Definitely worth the price and then some. I only wish I could have afforded a larger grill for when we entertain. I plan on buying a large charcoal grill for those occasions.

I have a Weber Genesis w/ Side burner. It's awesome. Can't go wrong with a Weber.

Mine has to be 6 or 7 years old by now. At 5 years I replaced the racks, heating grids and the hose from the tank to the burners (squirrels chewed it up). Have not yet replaced the burners or the igniter...which works on the first punch every time.

Mine has to be 6 or 7 years old by now. At 5 years I replaced the racks, heating grids and the hose from the tank to the burners (squirrels chewed it up). Have not yet replaced the burners or the igniter...which works on the first punch every time.

Interesting -- mine is about 2.5 years old and the only thing we've replaced is the main igniter :lol:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I like charcoal over gas, and use a Weber...

:lol::lol: we had that discussion a million times. How most do prefer charcoal but it's not feasible for everyday cooking with the heat up & cool down time.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I just bought a new BBQ late this past summer.

Was also planning on buying a Weber since they've had such incredible reviews over the last several years. I found it strange that this year the price for one actually went down slightly. Asked a very reputable dealer what the deal was. He confirmed that starting for the 08 models that the major components of Weber BBQs (at least the Genesis series) are now manufactured in China. He further commented that he confirmed this first hand from Weber.

As a result I bought a Napoleon. What an incredible BBQ .... mind you I've only had it for about 5 months. That being said I do use it year round even in the great white north. Yes it is more $$ than the Weber.

I also want to make it clear that this store carried BOTH Weber and Napoleon..... so he wasn't selling me a line for the sale. He also told me that if he was selling me the Napoleon to make a quick buck, he'd be better off selling me the Weber now and a Napoleon in a few years as I'd want/need to replace it then anyways.

Unfortunately the great BBQ that I had contemplated (Weber and Vermont Castings) both began outsourcing the manufacturing of their parts to China in the last year (Weber) or two (Vermont Castings).

get Weber Gas & Kettle, that's what coxx is trying to say and that's what I have.

Weber Q is also a good bet for both home and camping, cooks bacon to perfection.

um, that's not at all what I was trying to say :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest heightsgtltd
I have a charcoal kettle that has a propane tank to ignite the coals. Made by Weber. It's a nice compromise between the two.

The summit was actually my second choice and Napoleon was first. Still on the fence.

Up north they are all over, not so much in SoCal.

Oh, & dude...easy now, that salesman fed you a line...he makes more on the local Napoleon than he does on the imported Weber.

The other thing about the Weber is the great customer svc. 24/7, 365.

I almost bought the NexGrill at Costco until I researched it and there was not one positive review...ouch.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I bought a Weber Summit Silver NG model in '04 and it's still doing great. Lots of stainless steel. I haven't had to do anything to it other than replace the igniter batteries. Right now it's heating a little unevenly but probably needs a soon-to-be-spring cleaning. I paid to have a gas company come out and plumb a gas line out to the deck - well worth it. Buying and handling charcoal or gas canisters would take too much fun/convenience out of it.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I have a charcoal kettle that has a propane tank to ignite the coals. Made by Weber. It's a nice compromise between the two.

Not sure if it is the same one but I have this webber...

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/79/24/05/0007792405700_500X500.jpg

and it is awesome! Yes it sucks to have to wait for 20 minutes to put the food on but I think it is worth it. You can buy a big propane tank to ignite the coals or little disposable tanks that last 2 or 3 months for me. Great grill

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got to talking to the wife again and of course she threw a crap load of logic at me like... "since we are installing a pool and landscaping in a couple of years why spend so much when we are going built-in at that time".

That translated to no way in hell will she allow me to spend that much. So my grilling heart was set on a Weber S-450 and she cuts my budget in 1/2.

Yesterday we decide to go visit the Expo Design Center (soon to close) and check out the deals. Well, not so many... but 1 last Weber Genesis for $700 (about $250 off msrp and half the price of the 450) after walking around a bit she caves in and we compromise on this Weber.

It's an Ng model so I have already arranged the plumber to hook me up.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Drew_Jones/WeberS-320-2.jpg

Picking it up tonight, and over the next night or so in the garage-build it, then meet the plumber and get it all done before this weekend.

It's my 8yr old daughters b-day. Hopfully the stars will align and it'll all work out.

Drew

I have already sourced some much needed accessories like the grill light that attaches to the handle of the cover, and a rotisserie kit.

So looking forward to not having to deal with Propane tanks anymore.

Guest JessterCPA
Well, I got to talking to the wife again and of course she threw a crap load of logic at me like... "since we are installing a pool and landscaping in a couple of years why spend so much when we are going built-in at that time".

That translated to no way in hell will she allow me to spend that much. So my grilling heart was set on a Weber S-450 and she cuts my budget in 1/2.

Yesterday we decide to go visit the Expo Design Center (soon to close) and check out the deals. Well, not so many... but 1 last Weber Genesis for $700 (about $250 off msrp and half the price of the 450) after walking around a bit she caves in and we compromise on this Weber.

It's an Ng model so I have already arranged the plumber to hook me up.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Drew_Jones/WeberS-320-2.jpg

Picking it up tonight, and over the next night or so in the garage-build it, then meet the plumber and get it all done before this weekend.

It's my 8yr old daughters b-day. Hopfully the stars will align and it'll all work out.

Drew

I have already sourced some much needed accessories like the grill light that attaches to the handle of the cover, and a rotisserie kit.

So looking forward to not having to deal with Propane tanks anymore.

Nice purchase. You'll love the NG. I have it now, and boy it's so much better than propane tanks.

Good luck.

Guest heightsgtltd
Not sure if it is the same one but I have this webber...

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/79/24/05/0007792405700_500X500.jpg

and it is awesome! Yes it sucks to have to wait for 20 minutes to put the food on but I think it is worth it. You can buy a big propane tank to ignite the coals or little disposable tanks that last 2 or 3 months for me. Great grill

Yup that's the one though mine looks a little different as it's prob. about 4 years old at this point.

Archived