LegacyGT.com

Front Sway Bar Clunk/banging noise issue

valleylegacy

I just recently put in the Rallitek 22mm front sway bar with rallitek HD front end links. I am experiencing some clunk/banging noise during slow speed turning ... as if Im turning to park the car in a spot or sometimes moving in a parking garage turning left or right.

Any advise to what I may have done wrong is greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
I am getting the same thing. To top it off, one of my wheel studs is 1/2 stripped. Nothing can go right for me at the moment. 22mm FSB with lock collars and HD endlinks. Happens over small bumps especially.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I'm getting the same noise.. Its seems like these posts are created all of the time but I can't find any conclusions.

Both of my end links are still in one piece and look fine. The sway bar feels tight when I moved it with my hand. I can not recreate the noise when I'm under the car, only when I am driving and hit bumps / speed bumps in the road. This is getting really frustrating.

Today I took off my end links and sway bar mounts, cleaned and greased everything, and tightened it all back up.... Still getting the noise...

I checked all of the bolts on the wheels, steering rack, and the subframe and they are all tight. I also made sure that the sway bar was not hitting anything either.

I have come down to two conclusions: bad lower control arm bushing or bad strut. I am leaning towards a bad strut since they're stock with 58,000 miles on them and Rallitek lowering springs.

Any other ideas?

Tonight I tried to tighten everything down further. I might have gotten another 1/16 rotation on the sway bar brackets and one bolt on an endlink got another 1/4 rotation. No more clunks. Apparently that small of a change can make a difference.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived