LegacyGT.com

New Shift Knob and Boot removal

The knob should unscrew, it's just holding the boot in place.

The bottom of the boot on the shift bezel is held in by clips. Just pull up and they come right out.

Edit: Delayed response. My multitasking hinders quick answers!

i found it easier to grasp the knob and the top of the boot, then sort of break it apart like you a carrot... at an angle. should come off easy.

that is.. after you unscrew it.

car for sale. PM me!

If you want one that is "Just the way you like it"...make it yourself.:) I made this one for my '02 RS that shortened the shifter by about 3/4 inch. Once you have turned it on a lathe....I used a drill press.....drill a hole almost through the top and screw in onto the shifter as far as you want. You can turn a little groove near the bottom that will hold the boot with no problem...Enjoy!! :):)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/RM-RS/-5.jpg

there was one shift boot someone made for their automatic celica. look up the celica automatic shifter and you can see why something is wrong.

hint- looks like an uncircumcised _ _ _ _

lets play hangman.

car for sale. PM me!

Go here:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

Sooner or later I want to ditch my plastic leather OE one for one of theirs.:lol:

Their stuff looks very nice on the site, but I had kind of an odd experience with that company. Not necessarily bad, just odd. I ordered a leather armrest cover from them. The quality was decent, but the color was slightly different than my dark charcoal leather interior even though they specify that products such as this are tailored to Subaru cars. (As I recall, the piece was shipped from somewhere in Eastern Europe -- Poland? -- and maybe the Subarus are different there.) Worse, the piece simply didn't fit and was too small to get the elastic around the edges of the armrest. There just wan't enough leather. After an e-mail exchange with the company and my offer to return the item at their expense, I had to dispute the charge with American Express. They didn't challenge it. In the end, I got a free armest cover that still doesn't fit.

i would say that's a bad experience lol.

Maybe, but I didn't have to fight very hard to get my money back. Plus, I didn't have to lift a finger to send back any merchandise. Maybe they deserve another chance. I just thought people on here should be aware if they do decide to order.

Maybe, but I didn't have to fight very hard to get my money back. Plus, I didn't have to lift a finger to send back any merchandise. Maybe they deserve another chance. I just thought people on here should be aware if they do decide to order.

You get "One chance to make a first impression"...I'd say they had theirs and blew it.:mad:

If you want one that is "Just the way you like it"...make it yourself.:) I made this one for my '02 RS that shortened the shifter by about 3/4 inch. Once you have turned it on a lathe....I used a drill press.....drill a hole almost through the top and screw in onto the shifter as far as you want. You can turn a little groove near the bottom that will hold the boot with no problem...Enjoy!! :):)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/RM-RS/-5.jpg

wow that looks awesome, I could see doing that to match my "wood" trim but I don't have a lathe or drill press :p

lol maybe I'll just convince my dad to get everything himself..he's almost got his own wood working shop set up in his garage. :p

If you have a decent lathe in place and some nice looking hardwood....it would take about 1/2 hr each to make them. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to sell some to the local enthusiasts.:cool:

BTW...mine was made from the branch of a cherry tree we had to cut down out in the back yard....I made a few for friends....must have had enough wood for about 3000 more. :spin:

If you have a decent lathe in place and some nice looking hardwood....it would take about 1/2 hr each to make them. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to sell some to the local enthusiasts.:cool:

BTW...mine was made from the branch of a cherry tree we had to cut down out in the back yard....I made a few for friends....must have had enough wood for about 3000 more. :spin:

Nice :) Hmm....this is an interesting idea..

Archived