LegacyGT.com

Finally!!!

We just got our first measurable snow. Got to test the new Hankook ice bear W300s. I can't be any happier with them. I felt bad for a few suvs. The RE92s weren't as bad as some make them out but the W300s are great. They handle much better than my wife's Yokohama snows on dry and snowy roads. Sorry for rambling, I am just glad to finally test them out.

I don't even want to talk about snow we've had so much already, glad you're havin fun, I just can't wait for spring at this point lol

Me too, I'm ready for nice wheels and summer tires. I think I've forgotten what cornering is like.:confused:

We just got our first measurable snow. Got to test the new Hankook ice bear W300s. I can't be any happier with them. I felt bad for a few suvs. The RE92s weren't as bad as some make them out but the W300s are great. They handle much better than my wife's Yokohama snows on dry and snowy roads. Sorry for rambling, I am just glad to finally test them out.

Super - That is awesome man. :)

I was actually still happy with the re92s with 17000 miles on them on my wife's LGT....I drove it to work yesterday and really had no problems. I'm sure when I'm at your mileage on the re92s, I'll be ready for a swap.

How did the 205/50/17 fit?

Joe

Yeah I must admit snow sucks. Toledo has gotten a record snowfall of 31 inches in January alone. I loved driving in the snow the first couple times but I think I'm ready for the spring and seeing my car clean and fully detailed.

Cool (no pun intended)! I bought the same tires in 215 width for my GT last year and couldn't be happier! The icebears are a v-rated snow tire, and in the dry I thought they handled far better than the old RE92s.

That v-rating does have consequences though, primarily a slight loss in traction compared to a normal winter rated tire. Also the icebear is more of an ice radial than a snow tire, but with AWD this shouldn't pose much of a problem unless you try to plow through 3 feet of snow!

Glad you like them!

Archived