LegacyGT.com

New To Subaru

hi,

Im new to this site and subaru cars in general, im a supra guy myself. However my girlfriend just bought a new legacy gt limited a few months back. We both love the car but have grown a little board with it in stock form. A little more power and character through louder exhaust note and intake noise would be great. I have a few questions though. 1. how much boost is safe on stock fuel system? 2. At what boost level is fuel cut? 3. can auto trans hold power over stock well,if so how much more? 4. who makes a good blow off valve,exhaust system,intake for the car? 5. what is the, if any difference between legacy's 2.5turbo and sti's 2.5turbo engine?

I went from 190ish rwhp to 260rwhp with just exhaust,intake and a few more pounds of boost with the supra. Considering stock for stock they make similar power should I exspect a similar jump in power with similar modds on legacy?

G'Day ma70 and Welcome to the GT World.....

Not too many ppl have really modded the GT out as of yet. There isn't that may big mod parts available yet as the GT is still very new. A lot of the go fast bits made for the WRX are no plug and play with the GT therefore a lot of companies are just working on mods now.

Im sure within this year you will find a lot of ppl really cranking up the power and PSi required to run big numbers. Stay Tuned to the site for more information.

Adam.

Greetings ma70

Welcome to the world of AWD. Sorry, I can't offer any answers on questions 1,2&3 but for 4 here is some input.

BOV- not really needed from what I have read until you get more mods and higher boost. The most popular one at the moment is from AVO Turbo World.

Exhaust- AVO and Cobb Tuning has one at the moment and Stromung will be rolling one out shortly. For starters just repalce the up-pipe with a STI catless one.

Intake- Not needed, just replace with a good quality flat panel.

For #5 I'm not exactly sure but I think it's really several minor differences such as the cam shafts (The STI is hollow while the LGT is solid), the exhaust valves ( STI is sodium filled while the LGT is again solid). Also the intake and the intercooler are different.

I have found a lot of helpful information just by reading through the fourms.

Thanks for the help guys. Yea thats the only thing that sucks about a new car, you have to wait for things to be developed for them. Oh well by the time things start rolling out for it we will have a few more miles on the car.That might be good befor we start boosting it up anyway.

I believe the exhaust valves are sodium-filled. Check out the engine forum http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12, especially the thread about the five top engine mods (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8603). Good results with remaps so far. Over 25HP to the wheels with even bigger gains in torque on otherwise stock engines.

Archived