LegacyGT.com

AP data logging parameters

goneskiian

OK. I've been a bit frustrated trying to figure out what is most important to log with the new AP firmware update. I'm sure there are others out there as well. At least I hope I'm not the only one. :redface::lol: :lol: ;)

I know I've seen lists of what to log but I also know there are different names for the parameters depending on whether you're using RomRaider or an Accessport.

So.... I'm going to list all the parameters available in the AP so hopefully some of the experts here can tell us newbies what's most important and what we can leave out.

RPM

Calculated Load

Dyn. Adv. Mult.

Ignition Adv.

Dynamic Adv.

Throttle Position

Boost

Wastegate Duty

Air/Fuel Ratio

Inj. Pulse Width

Inj. Duty Cycle

Mass Airflow

MAF Voltage

Fuel Trim (Short)

Fuel Trim (Long)

Coolant Temp.

Intake Temp.

Vehicle Speed

Battery Volt.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
OK. I've been a bit frustrated trying to figure out what is most important to log with the new AP firmware update. I'm sure there are others out there as well. At least I hope I'm not the only one. :redface::lol: :lol: ;)

I know I've seen lists of what to log but I also know there are different names for the parameters depending on whether you're using RomRaider or an Accessport.

So.... I'm going to list all the parameters available in the AP so hopefully some of the experts here can tell us newbies what's most important and what we can leave out.

RPM

Calculated Load

Dyn. Adv. Mult.

Ignition Adv.

Dynamic Adv.

Throttle Position

Boost

Wastegate Duty

Air/Fuel Ratio

Inj. Pulse Width

Inj. Duty Cycle

Mass Airflow

MAF Voltage

Fuel Trim (Short)

Fuel Trim (Long)

Coolant Temp.

Intake Temp.

Vehicle Speed

Battery Volt.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers!

This isn't a very good list to choose from, but if it's the only thing available, I would choose the following for WOT:

RPM

Dyn. Adv. Mult.

Ignition Adv.

Dynamic Adv.

Throttle Position

Boost

Wastegate Duty

Mass Airflow

Intake Temp. (optional)

For 5EAT, I would add vehicle speed.

If you did not tune this yourself or if you don't have access to the OL fuel table, you should log injector pulse width as well.

I don't see anything for knock on the AP

It's there. It's just much more difficult to read. If you have the rom data then it's useable.

The best parameter to use is knock sum but Cobb hasn't added it. It's something that merchgod found.

My recommendation is to get a $15 vagcom cable and datalog with romraider. This is true even if you want to use an AP to tune the car. There's just a lot more parameters available in romraider plus you can use learning viewer which is REALLY awesome.

Archived