Do you beat your meat?

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

:lol: at this thread..

As this forum's mod, do I have to give Bosco a warning? :p

Anyhow, tenderizing is a 1940s thing. Good cuts today do not need tenderizing unless maybe you are talking about flank/skirt which should be marinated anyway to breakdown the proteins a bit.

Guest heightsgtltd

Im not sure I am on board with the leaving the meat out on the counter overnight. :lol:

When meat is aged, it's done at a specific temperature in sealed environment.

Are we talking about tubesteak here? :confused:

Anyway, most popular steaks should not need additional tenderizing, and if they do, don't waste your money on a subpar product. Ribeyes, sirloins, tenderloins, porters, striploin, T-bone all should be tender enough.

There are certain steaks that could use a little help, however, whether it be marinating or malleting. What comes to mind initially is flank steaks, flatirons, and noncentercut striploin. These take very well to marinating, however, there is another method if you don't have time for properly marinating, yet still want to enjoy these very flavorful cuts of meat. Has anyone heard of whats known as a Jaccard?

http://www.laprimashops.com/Jaccard-Original-Professional-Meat-Tenderizer--48-Blade_p_338.html

What I have had great results doing with this kind of meat tenderizer is this. Season your steak and then use the Jaccard on both sides thoroughly. This tenderizes and helps inject that flavor from the seasoning simultaneously and yields a mouth-watering meal. ;) This is a little trick I use when serving tougher cuts of meat.

Archived