LegacyGT.com

spec b fit the gt

jamato998

Not quite true...there is a difference between the DP for a manual or automatic transmission, but there's no difference between an '07+ Spec B DP and a 5MT DP.

technically there is...we just covered this two weeks ago I think in another thread...

the 5mt dp will fit if you force things..but it is tricky with the 6mt

grimspeed is currently working on an adapter to add a little extra to clear the 6mt on 07+ spec b's and 08+ sti's

Wow, interesting. I must have missed that thread. I was basing that off of companies offering the same part number for the 5MT and 6MT.

i think it was missed because it was on another forum :spin: i'm loopy on meds and can't remember where I post what..

they do list the same part numbers but it is a pita to get it to work, and it will make noises and hit things it shouldn't. (it's a tad short and it rubs the firewall)

I only know because me and some friends had 4 LGT downpipes... an 08 wrx...an 08 sti, and an 09 lgt spec b we installed them on...and rotated them all around... and got the same results on the 6mt cars

they fit the 08 wrx with no issues at all. we made them fit the 6mt cars...

The grimmspeed pipe works on older model wrx/forester...it will need an adapter to fit newer wrx/legacy...the adapter is still in production.

Archived