LegacyGT.com

buy replacement plastic engine cover?

OCDetails

funny, when i mentioned painting my cover months ago everybody was against it. must have been ahead of my time. go figure :rolleyes:

Hard to tell in the pic but is that a crinkle finish or just matte? I do like the idea of adding the paint - it just seems to dress up. Lighter, complimentary shades are where my preferences lie though.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
The trouble is, once you go and paint your engine cover, everything will look plain to you. You'll paint your intake, washer bottle, etc and it'll be a viscious, nasty cycle or rice that noone can escape from.

The trouble is, once you go and paint your engine cover, everything will look plain to you. You'll paint your intake, washer bottle, etc and it'll be a viscious, nasty cycle or rice that noone can escape from.

That doesn't sound pleasant. Does it make keeping the under hood area clean any easier if it's painted? If so, I'm all for that.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
That doesn't sound pleasant. Does it make keeping the under hood area clean any easier if it's painted? If so, I'm all for that.

SBT

I doubt it- I clean under the hood about twice a year and the flat black plastic is easier to clean than the painted surfaces under the hood.

How about getting some real CF film and applying it to the cover? Too 'rice'?? I saw a site somwhere that had thin real CF for just such an application.

EDIT: Found it. $140 for 24x24" pieces. The full CF replacement cover is probably cheaper. :rolleyes:

http://dragonplate.com/images/photos/LaminateRoll_lrg.jpg

If you did a good paint job and were able to wax it without it swirling up then it would probably be easier to keep clean. You could clean it with Windex if you wanted to.

After seeing one with carbon fiber, I don't think I want to do that anymore. I'd rather paint it. Figuring out what color to paint it will be the interesting part. I think that photoshop job of it body matched looks really good. I might have to do it that way. I really liked it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 1 year later...

Archived