LegacyGT.com

How wide rims, and what tires is possible?

Thanks guys...I really don't want to get anything to aggressive on this.I was hoping to stay around 235/45-50/18 area not much more...I have no interest in trying to get the biggest size possible.I want something that doesn't stick out too far,maybe a little more than stock but not much, and still has a compliant ride for DD.

I really like the look of PFF's,SSR five spokes,06 SpecB and 3.0R rims.But I don't want rim that has a special size that will limit tire availibility.

I wish there was an OB only pics post of wheels and tires.

• 1 month later...
ok, I have now order rims but not tires, the rims is a steelgray Rota GRA 18"x7.5" offset 48, 245/45 tires will not be any problem, no rubbing?? I was thinking about that the rota rims got same offset as stock rim and tires will be much wider.??

• 3 months later...
If you are talking 18" wheels, then 235/50 is slightly taller than stock, about a 1/2". I would think you would be ok running that tire. A 225/50 is 1/4" taller than stock and that would be good for sure.

This would be pushing it... There's so little space around the tires in the wheel wells that Subaru says not to use snow chains.

Try this: Turn the front wheels all the way to one side, and then jack up each of the rear corners of the car (so you get a rear wheel up), and look at how much space you've got between the tire and the fender liner.

I bet it's less than 1/2".

Bimmer

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived