LegacyGT.com

New tuning shop in North Texas

Mr. Ed

Great tuner and great people

From Nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24660644#poststop

Awdtuning would like to announce the opening of our new facility. Grand Opening is set for January 18th. Our shop is located at 5901 Edgewood Place, Suite B, Little Elm, TX 75068. We will have guys from Mobile Sound Systems, in Arlington there to show off their latest project car and answer questions. We will also have a PDR guy, aftermarket parts dealer and the infamous awdtuning race car on site along with food, drinks and door prizes. Hope to see as many of you out there as possible. Lunch will be served at noon.

Keith & Mary Fields

check out www.awdtuning.com for more details

Man I wish we could make this but ran into a schedule conflict. I am sure we will be up there soon. Congrats Keith and Mary on the grand opening!

yeah I hear....I am bummed....again.... :lol:

it's crazy that I still haven't met you two

Wow nice, Im thinking about going back to stage 2. Do they even have an AWD Dyno?

road tunes doodle.

He uses a dyno software program once tuned that has been proven to be really close to a mustang dyno's numbers. :cool:

How you doin

road tunes doodle.

He uses a dyno software program once tuned that has been proven to be really close to a mustang dyno's numbers. :cool:

How you doin

Not sure if it matters, but Keith's dyno software program was proven to be the same as a dyno dynamics numbers.

Look forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Congrat to Keith on opening his new shop! That'll be real nice to have as he is real reasonable with his prices (both install and tunes). I'm going to have him install my dp and retune as soon as I decided on what to get and get a little extra money to purchase it. I was EXTREMELY happy with the tune he did back in Dec.

Thanks Keith!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've got a question about tuning....

When I had my car tuned (by Keith) we did it in December when the outside temp was around 30-32F. Do I/should I get it retuned for summer when the temps get above 100F? I talked to a tech and he said that would be a good idea to do so. I ask, because I will be getting a new up/dp and will thus need a tune and am wondering if I should wait to install these when it is hotter or should I/can I do them next month (when they arrive)? Also, do people recommend getting a new TMIC with the addition to the pipes? I hear that the endtanks can blow on the stocker once you add the up/dp (mainly just the dp)?

Hey, I've got a question about tuning....

When I had my car tuned (by Keith) we did it in December when the outside temp was around 30-32F. Do I/should I get it retuned for summer when the temps get above 100F? I talked to a tech and he said that would be a good idea to do so. I ask, because I will be getting a new up/dp and will thus need a tune and am wondering if I should wait to install these when it is hotter or should I/can I do them next month (when they arrive)? Also, do people recommend getting a new TMIC with the addition to the pipes? I hear that the endtanks can blow on the stocker once you add the up/dp (mainly just the dp)?

I was talking to someone about how they are overboosting in the cold weather because their tune was done in summer, so I would imagine that getting a tune in winter would have an opposite effect in the summer and "should" be re-tuned to get the best results... But that is just my best guess.

As for the end tanks blowing off, there are a lot of people with Stage 2 that are just fine, and there are a lot that have blown end tanks. If your concerned, I've heard you can put some JB Weld on them and they should hold. I personally say dont worry until it blows, then get yourself a better one, but thats just me being stingy on money :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Hey William, when Keith tuned your car he took into account the weather. You should be fine, but if you see any problems just swing by and he can look at it for you. Now, as far as the downpipe/uppipe goes (BTW did you see the Grimmspeed stage 2 package that Keith is selling? awesome deal) you would want a new tune with those mods for the best performance.

See ya soon

Mary

Hey William, when Keith tuned your car he took into account the weather. You should be fine, but if you see any problems just swing by and he can look at it for you. Now, as far as the downpipe/uppipe goes (BTW did you see the Grimmspeed stage 2 package that Keith is selling? awesome deal) you would want a new tune with those mods for the best performance.

See ya soon

Mary

And the best answer directly from the source :) lol

I'll be headed down that way when I get my STi swap done, but that will probably be after March sometime.

See ya soon

Mary

No, I didn't see the package. Does he have it on his website? How much was it? As for the up/dp, I was def planning on going back to Keith for him to retune my car. In fact, I was gonna have him do the install for these, as that is something I've never done, so I think it's better to have help from someone who's done this before. I don't want to ruin something like the turbo and be out $1k+.

I had talked to him a couple of weeks ago and asked him how much he would charge for a dp install + tune. But I had gotten in on a group buy and decided to also get a up. Do you know how much he could charge for the up/dp +tune?

Also, just curious, but when looking at other people's power numbers, I am wondering why mine is sooo much higher? Is Keith just that bada**? From what I've seen people who are at a "stage 1" are usually putting around 210+whp and I was up around the 240's (I forget how much right now, but it was in the 240's somewhere). When I had him tune my car, the only "mods" I had done were a cbe and intake. Would that really cause that much increase over other people's "stage 1's".

Also, (and this is hard to say exactly), but do you have any idea where I would be power-wise with the up/dp installed and tune?

But anyway, as soon as I get my pipes in, I'm gonna call Keith and sort out a time to have him install them and tune me. How's the Spec B treating you?

Well the "Stage 2 package" that he is running is for a Grimmspeed 38mm External Wastegate Kit, Grimmspeed downpipe, all gaskets and brackets, install labor and tune for $1,000. As far as your numbers, not sure about how much power it will really give you, that's a question for the man. And I'm not sure why your numbers are so much higher than everyone else's, again, another questions for him. I can tell you that I have a 38mm EWG, downpipe, exhaust, GM BCS, Perrin Top Mount, and lightweight pulley and on a VERY easy tune I am running around 250whp and 288tq.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I would suggest for you to email him at Keith_Fields@awdtuning.com. Talk to ya soon

Mary

Well the "Stage 2 package" that he is running is for a Grimmspeed 38mm External Wastegate Kit, Grimmspeed downpipe, all gaskets and brackets, install labor and tune for $1,000. As far as your numbers, not sure about how much power it will really give you, that's a question for the man. And I'm not sure why your numbers are so much higher than everyone else's, again, another questions for him. I can tell you that I have a 38mm EWG, downpipe, exhaust, GM BCS, Perrin Top Mount, and lightweight pulley and on a VERY easy tune I am running around 250whp and 288tq.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, I would suggest for you to email him at Keith_Fields@awdtuning.com. Talk to ya soon

Mary

Thanks, I'll shoot him an email later today. Does your BCS do anything for you while running a stock turbo?

That is an awesome deal... I read through it though, but I still dont quite understand the necessity of it, or exactly how well it will help the stock turbo :S I'm meaning in the more power, or smoother power sense? I would imagine the power might be a bit smoother because of the ability to increase and decrease better, but how much of a necessity would it be on a stock turbo as opposed to an upgraded one.

That is an awesome deal... I read through it though, but I still dont quite understand the necessity of it, or exactly how well it will help the stock turbo :S I'm meaning in the more power, or smoother power sense? I would imagine the power might be a bit smoother because of the ability to increase and decrease better, but how much of a necessity would it be on a stock turbo as opposed to an upgraded one.

I'm guessing about 30-60 HP ...really depending on the car.

My legacy with catless dp/up and pulley and perrin top mount was right at about 270 hp 290 tq if I remember correctly ...but that was months ago.

plus you'll need the items later if you do upgrade the turbo

Archived