LegacyGT.com

Pre-purchase decisons:

DocCat

Anyone care to weigh in?

Color:

I've decided against black. Although it looks the best, I won't be able to keep it looking clean. I'm leaning towards white or regal blue.

Appearance:

I'm leaning against spoiler. (Might add an STI lip spoiler if the price comes down...)

I'm leaning towards the rocker body panel chrome accent. I haven't seen ANY GT's with this and I like to be a little different. Any have any pics of this??

Other goodies:

Subwoofer. Definite. A must. Especially with the weak stock system.

Autodim mirror.

Later on down the road I'll think about:

window tint

Modding to boost bhp.

doccat, I have the atlantic blue wagon. Absolutely love it. It was my last choice. My first was white, silver then the atlantic blue. Make sure you go see them in person. ONline doesn't do the colors any justice.

1.I second the STI lip. not sure If I'll put it on mine, ($) but love the look. I like the stock system, have kids so not trying to blow there ears out. Also don't want to draw attention to the car. Had that happen one too many times iin the past.

2.Definitely tint the windows.

3.Power boost is always nice. Not sure exactly what I'll do, but whatever it is, I want to make it look stock. Again not to draw attention.

4.de-badge. take it all off. Almost done with mine, Subaru is already off, so is the 2.5. Just toying with the idea of leaving the legacy gt, but think it's coming off.

What price have you been quoted and where do you live?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

c-lo - what did you do to fill the holes left by the subaru badge?

anyhow -DocCat - i gotta recommend the regal blue - great color :)

the stock system isnt really that bad for most people - just bad when it comes upgradeability, and aux inputs.. I wish i had gotten the subwoofer though, becuase i dont feel like going now and installing one myself.

I went spoiler-less as well --- i like the clean look. I doubt i'll do the lip spoiler either. I did order the JDM front grill though.(which i've been told leaves a small gap that isnt noticeable on dark cars - but will very apperent on a white car)

Blue painters tape! matches the car quite nicely:lol: :D

Sorry should have been more specific. Leaving that on. Love to take it off, but those holes pose a problem don't they?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest *Jedimaster*
I like black best. But once you go black, you do go back because I got silver. I got tired of maintaining the look of black. My silver almost never looks dirty- when you wash it you realize it was, but even after rain, it looks fine.

With all of the rain that we've had and Springtime bugs starting to make their appearance, it's been tough keeping the car looking good. The SWP paint does do a pretty good job of looking great between washes though. The only exception is the tail area of the car where road "dust and debris" accumulates even on a beautiful dry day. But that's been the case with every wagon that I've ever owned so it comes with the vehicle and I just live with it. Spoilered wagons and sedans typically always have this problem though. :(

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Not bad, I paid 27 for mine at Frederick Motors. 5spd, autodimmer.

Good Luck! let us know when you have it.

Like Subietonic, I have the SWP and love it. Compare the looks of cars with and without the spoiler before you decide on that. Personally, I wouldn't have my car without one...but that is primarily asthethic preference.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I feel you can't own this car without the autodimming mirror with compass and the armrest extension. To me those are the two required accessories to be comfortable in the car everyday. I would do an aftermarket short throw instead of the factory one for sure but the factory option one is pretty nice.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Picking up mine on Wednesday the 23rd.... GT Limited with armrest, wing (I liked the look not too overdone), auto dimming mirror and all weather mats (I'm in Mass). Black/Black 5sp, I'll pay others to keep the car clean and all colors look like crap after a winter storm up here. Subwoofer...ha ha not a chance that thing looked horrid, and I'll be replacing the stock speakers within a month anyway.

Congrats! Good choice of options. I also was not to impressed with the subwoofer. Let me know what kind of speakers you put in. I wish the CD player had mp3.

Anybody put a hitch on theirs yet? That's an option I definitely want (I know, utilitarian...).

Archived