LegacyGT.com

Any experience with Eagle F1 A/S-C tires?

c_wraith

My dealer just replaced my worn stock tires with Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S-C tires. Does anyone have any experience with them? There are only two reviews on tirerack, so it's tough to get any info from them.

I'm coming from the '07 spec.B stock tires. If anyone can tell me how these would stack up in terms of dry traction in particular, I'd appreciate it. (Basically, I want to know if I should be complaining to my dealer that these aren't "equivalent" tires, as their service agreement requires.)

Just got them when I hit something which punctured the side wall on my stockers....Not too impressed with these so far. Noisy. They have a ringing sound at 70mph that sounds like when you slap a basket ball. Ride is rougher but that is probably expected since all season...makes the suspension feel a bit clunkier. Just went to stage 2 so the car is much louder...drowns out the tire noise now ;). Sorry its not a long term type review since I only had these 2 weeks.

My dealer just replaced my worn stock tires with Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S-C tires. Does anyone have any experience with them? There are only two reviews on tirerack, so it's tough to get any info from them.

I'm coming from the '07 spec.B stock tires. If anyone can tell me how these would stack up in terms of dry traction in particular, I'd appreciate it. (Basically, I want to know if I should be complaining to my dealer that these aren't "equivalent" tires, as their service agreement requires.)

Just curious, how are these different than the normal Eagle F1 A/S?

I had been looking at those for quite a while until I began seeing a very noticeable increase in customers complaining of "build quality" and "noise"; the latter I could probably deal with, but I'm not willing to take the risk on the prior.

Thanks,

Tim

Archived