LegacyGT.com

Pads for my 2006 SpecB stage II

AZZMAN

Hey sounds like I need new pads for my 06 specB 36k miles. I have a friend that work at a local garage and will do my brakes for free but I need to get the brake pads. He thinks rotors are ok... no noise no shake under brake pressure. Any place other than my Subaru parts dept where I can get new pads? Maybe some better pads than Subaru can offer... I don't want to spend much my fourth kid is on its way in Feb! :)

I went to the above link and noticed a stage II brake upgrade. I'm at stage II and thought this might be a nice upgrade... My winter wheels are smaller than the stock summer tires. Right now the wheel just clears the brake pads. Does anyone know if the stage two has bigger thicker pads rotors or both?

Better quality rotors and pads.

Similar setup to what I bought from Jeremy at KOP (DBA-4000 rotors and Hawk HPS pads, SS lines and fluid). Very happy with the results.

Shouldn't be an issue with wheels. You'll typically have problems with rotors fitting under the wheels. The problem isn't with the pads or rotors .... unless you have the wrong ones.

Stage2 brake upgrade uses OEM sized rotors, and as already mentioned, pads don't affect wheel fitment.

I recommend HPS pads for street use. Nice upgrade over stock, low noise, acceptable dust levels, which from my experience, has been less than the OEM pad.

Archived