LegacyGT.com

ipod/mp3 modulator ****Install w/Pics****

FJuan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xterior, its not that difficult at all. i printed up the step by step pictures at the beginning of this post, got a screw driver, wire cutters and electric tape to go with the equipment that i purchased. It did end up taking me longer then most to figure out though, due to the fuse for my cig. lighter was blown. I bought the car used, someone had put the wrong amp fuse in that slot. I swapped it out with the proper ampage, bought a new fuse for the slot I took it from and everything works great. It absolutely blows away the horrible fm transmitter that I paid about the same price for. With the step by step instructions, you should be able to complete the install in well less then an hour. Good luck and thanks again to F1 for sharing the info

xterior, its not that difficult at all. i printed up the step by step pictures at the beginning of this post, got a screw driver, wire cutters and electric tape to go with the equipment that i purchased. It did end up taking me longer then most to figure out though, due to the fuse for my cig. lighter was blown. I bought the car used, someone had put the wrong amp fuse in that slot. I swapped it out with the proper ampage, bought a new fuse for the slot I took it from and everything works great. It absolutely blows away the horrible fm transmitter that I paid about the same price for. With the step by step instructions, you should be able to complete the install in well less then an hour. Good luck and thanks again to F1 for sharing the info

Thanks, I will update you once I recieve it and install it which the tracking info sais is arriving tomorrow.

The silent CD aspect is kind of a turnoff to me. But i'm open to being convinced :D

You might want to check this one out:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71387

It's an alternative to the Jazzy. It escapes me why it has not been

stickied, perhaps some sort of bribe must be paid.

I think the Jazzy is the better choice for me, though the install kinda scares me.

Never mind.

That is a great alternative, if you know how to solder. My soldering skills aren't the greatest and I don't want to take any chances of screwing up my head unit in anyway. I still prefer the old school way of splicing wires together.:redface:
My wife's balls are delicious.

you dont have to solder to install jazzy's mod, just connect a ribbon cable.

I dont like to solder either.

a short skip every 80 minutes is no big deal... although it may be killing my cdplayer.. I wont know cos I dont listen to CDs heh.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 2 weeks later...

You may experience some static sounds, but very little. Nothing like you would hear from a FM Transmitter. Make sure the antenna cables are securely plugged in to each other.

FYI - I replaced the stock 3.5mm cable that came with the FM Mod to a much better cable and the sound quality was much better.

You may experience some static sounds, but very little. Nothing like you would hear from a FM Transmitter. Make sure the antenna cables are securely plugged in to each other.

FYI - I replaced the stock 3.5mm cable that came with the FM Mod to a much better cable and the sound quality was much better.

I actually do hear the static sound clearly, so it might be wires connections. I will re-check the antenna plugs later on today to see if there's any improvement. I will also buy the RCA/Ipod cable to see if the sounds gets better and at the same time be able to charge it.

Question: Will I be able to just tap the RCA/Ipod cable positive and ground wire to the cig.lighter wires as I already tap the modulator of there already? Will that be to much power draining from one source?

Question: Will I be able to just tap the RCA/Ipod cable positive and ground wire to the cig.lighter wires as I already tap the modulator of there already? Will that be to much power draining from one source?

I see why not, as long as the fuse can hold both of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

anyone looking to do this i found the fm modulator:

http://www.buy.com/prod/scosche-fmmod02-universal-fm-transmitter/q/loc/111/210880826.html

the antenna adapters: (baa26 + baa27 = baa2627)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Best-Kit-BAA2627-Subaru-FM-Mod-Kit_W0QQitemZ220464106351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_Video?hash=item3354af4b6f&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

for a total of just under $40 shipped

and then probably pick up some inexpensive gold plated plugs here:

http://www.monoprice.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I went this same route with the iSimple IS77, and it works very good for a modulator, I ran the connections into the arm rest and the iPod cable can reach back up to the dash. This also charges the iPod as well as taking over the volume control.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived