LegacyGT.com

Headlights both, low beams dead??

The two low beam lights are working again. Seems the Subi Tech simply checked a wire connection and bingo. I asked my wife where the connection was and all she knew was "under the hood" possibly near the firewall. Go figure.

I'll call the Subi dealer to gain an understanding of exactly where this "connection" might be located.

I tracked this thread down via a Google search. I had the same problem on my 2007 Outback, both headlights out at the same time, 'just like that'. I checked ALL the fuses (engine and inside car), relays and the light bulbs - all ok.

I finally gave up and went to the garage, they checked and confirmed power was reaching the connections and were mystified. They decided to change both bulbs and boom, all working. They had no idea why. At the moment (one week later) all still ok.

Its a bit worrying not knowing why they broke, but at least they work now and it cost me Euros 50 for the once over.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tracked this thread down via a Google search. I had the same problem on my 2007 Outback, both headlights out at the same time, 'just like that'. I checked ALL the fuses (engine and inside car), relays and the light bulbs - all ok.

I finally gave up and went to the garage, they checked and confirmed power was reaching the connections and were mystified. They decided to change both bulbs and boom, all working. They had no idea why. At the moment (one week later) all still ok.

Its a bit worrying not knowing why they broke, but at least they work now and it cost me Euros 50 for the once over.

If they go out again, give the headlights a smack. Had this happen on a different vehicle and it turned out the pigtails were fraying and shorting or lose. $20 and some soldering got me new pigtails in that have been going for about ten years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk