LegacyGT.com

Dealer screwing up oil change

I hope so..

I've been to three different dealerships around here, and #1 Cochran is the only one I'll go to for service anymore even tho the other two are 20 & 40 minutes closer to me..

Yeah, it was day apollo. I was gonna try Bairel next time.

Kind of dumb they didn't use the oil you requested. Simple instructions not followed. But at least your oil was actually changed. Ridiculous.

Didn't they also make good on their mistake and offer you 2 more free oil changes? I also remember you saying that you have been pleased with them besides that one mistake? How much more can you crucify someone for making a mistake? I know I have dealt with shops and business's that have simply made mistakes and they fixed them and compensated me for that and I hold no hard feelings. Infact, I don't tell people about the bad service or the mistakes what this and that place has done, because they corrected them.

They messed up, they made good on it and they are compensating you with 2 more free oil changes, I think deserves something.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Blackfang, you just need to calm down a bit. You're taking this way out of hand. I understand you have a shop and all but we're not saying YOUR shop is bad. All we are saying is that some, well most shops are bad and will do anything to rip you off. I've never been to yours but with the way you defend it, I would assume that you give some damn good service.

Didn't they also make good on their mistake and offer you 2 more free oil changes? I also remember you saying that you have been pleased with them besides that one mistake? How much more can you crucify someone for making a mistake? I know I have dealt with shops and business's that have simply made mistakes and they fixed them and compensated me for that and I hold no hard feelings. Infact, I don't tell people about the bad service or the mistakes what this and that place has done, because they corrected them.

They messed up, they made good on it and they are compensating you with 2 more free oil changes, I think deserves something.

Yes, they made "good" with 2 free oil changes. Ooooohhh.... $40 in compensation for endangering my car valued @ 12K. :rolleyes: Yes their response deserves something....two more chances to not screw up. But all that is IN THE THREAD I LINKED TO. Why do you feel the need to ask again? :confused: Anyone who reads my thread will see that. Everything I've said regarding the matter is HARDLY "crucifying" them......please.

Could I, or someone else, do something extremely stupid to YOUR car, then just apologize and hand you $40.......and all is perfect again???

You act like I'm being nit-picky by asking for the ONE service that I brought the car in for to be completed. They did NOTHING...and charged me for it. It's not OK for me to point that out more than once? Regardless if they apologized. If your fellow dealerships level of service is hurting your business....that's up to YOU to work on. Not us....

Yes, they made "good" with 2 free oil changes. Ooooohhh.... $40 in compensation for endangering my car valued @ 12K. :rolleyes: Yes their response deserves something....two more chances to not screw up. But all that is IN THE THREAD I LINKED TO. Why do you feel the need to ask again? :confused: Anyone who reads my thread will see that. Everything I've said regarding the matter is HARDLY "crucifying" them......please.

There response did deserve it and you made a thread about it. So why keep driving the bus under them after the problem has been fixed? Why even link it in this thread, when it is over? if they wanted to find it, there is the search feature. You hold grudges in life don't you?

Could I, or someone else, do something extremely stupid to YOUR car, then just apologize and hand you $40.......and all is perfect again???
Let's see I had a well respected Mustang Shop not tighten the lugnuts on my 97 Cobra after he installed my longtube headers. I found this on the way home driving at 75mph. Of course he made it right, discounted some future work I had him do once i told him. Did I go around bashing their shop on the net(he was a well respected race shop that posted online and was a vendor), no. He made it right and I felt there was no need to keep going after him. He fixed his mistake. I realize people are human and even the best can make mistakes.

You act like I'm being nit-picky by asking for the ONE service that I brought the car in for to be completed. They did NOTHING...and charged me for it. It's not OK for me to point that out more than once? Regardless if they apologized. If your fellow dealerships level of service is hurting your business....that's up to YOU to work on. Not us....
You are being nit picky. They made a mistake, apologized for it, changed the oil free, and gave you two other oil changes and you publicly admitted you have been happy with them, yet still feel the need to bring their mistake up:rolleyes:.

Other dealerships around the country have no affect on mine and my business. The other local dealer increases my business but maybe that's a reflection on me and how i operate :) I see how many of them are on here and everyday I strive to be better than all of them. That is probably why I have a better report with the guys/gals in my area verse the other dealer. They know me personally, and know the service I offer and know i bust my ass to make sure they all are taken care of.

It really must be tough to accept in your life that other's aren't as perfect as you.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Blackfang coming to the defense of a dealership's service department, no?!?!

Your shop is an anomaly, a freak in the automotive servicing industry as far as I'm concerned..

You are right I do, but that doesn't mean I always agree with all the subject and other dealers. Because many of you do not have the slightest clue what we do and go through during a day and maybe, just maybe we have a different opinion. I guess that is a no-no in subie land eh?

I also spend what I think is too much of my own time on here and other sites trying to help people out on here both on the forums and via pm's. Being the latest criticism, I have stopped trying to help out, Check information for people and their cars, recalls and all the other stuff, trying to give out the right info so they don't get the wrong. Now, all I get is people who want to criticize me because i work for a dealer and tend to come to the defense all because I see a different side of the debate. So I am not going to bother helping out and just turn my head at the wrong info and just chalk it up as , oh well. Not that it matters right? :)

Nope, not a freak. There are other good dealership service dept's. People hardly ever come on here to praise them though. Sadly, we like to bitch as much as we can about these places. That is how our society is. However, I can think of 3 or 4 right off the top of my head in this area that are decent. I can also think of the same amount that are horrible and i can't believe they **** over customers the way they do and I have tried offline to help customers that been screwed by them get a resolution.

Molal, I don't own a shop, just a Service Advisor like Opie. However, my Service Manager told me, to run my team as if it was my own shop and how I would want to be treated and do it within my rights.

I guess It bothers me when someone who unfortunately has been screwed by mistake and they have been compensated, apologized to, and even states they have been happy with a place, still feels the needs to complain about their problem months later after it has all been done with . Why try and make it right when what you do to help fix your mistake will go un noticed. They might as well said **** it, I won't make it right.

However, I won't come to defend anyone anymore so it can please you.:)

I have always used a dealer for cars(three Subaru's, 1 Honda) while in warranty at least. They always performed excellent work across three places. Dealers do recommend more maintenance than is required and seem to find things my independent states could wait or would not replace. Dealers are usually more expensive too to fix items.

However so what. No dealer strong armed me into ANY repair and they presented a professional estimate/determination of something. Even my current dealer(relationship will end soon after warranty likely) only charges $40 for a diagonosis/code read. That is beyond reasonable in my opinion. The price of repair is really high though.

There response did deserve it and you made a thread about it. So why keep driving the bus under them after the problem has been fixed? Why even link it in this thread, when it is over? if they wanted to find it, there is the search feature. You hold grudges in life don't you?

Let's see I had a well respected Mustang Shop not tighten the lugnuts on my 97 Cobra after he installed my longtube headers. I found this on the way home driving at 75mph. Of course he made it right, discounted some future work I had him do once i told him. Did I go around bashing their shop on the net(he was a well respected race shop that posted online and was a vendor), no. He made it right and I felt there was no need to keep going after him. He fixed his mistake. I realize people are human and even the best can make mistakes.

You are being nit picky. They made a mistake, apologized for it, changed the oil free, and gave you two other oil changes and you publicly admitted you have been happy with them, yet still feel the need to bring their mistake up:rolleyes:.

Other dealerships around the country have no affect on mine and my business. The other local dealer increases my business but maybe that's a reflection on me and how i operate :) I see how many of them are on here and everyday I strive to be better than all of them. That is probably why I have a better report with the guys/gals in my area verse the other dealer. They know me personally, and know the service I offer and know i bust my ass to make sure they all are taken care of.

It really must be tough to accept in your life that other's aren't as perfect as you.

Listen... this is the SECOND thread I mentioned the incident. Can you count? Are you able to recognize or acknowledge that FACT?? The SECOND thread (and only on the Internet). That is NOT smearing the place on the Internet. Get a clue. You act like I came in here all pissed off going off on the place. I simply pointed out that something similar to that happened to me. I have every right to do that and feel there is nothing wrong with it. Now your weird ass is crawling all over me for doing it!?!? Piss off pal. If you've noticed. I haven't mentioned the dealers name in this thread. Because, like in my thread, I said I like them and they do good work. I wonder if you even read my old thread... cause it really sounds like you didn't. Take your dealership righteousness elsewhere please.

The information is relevant to the OP, so I see NO problem in mentioning something that happened to me that was similar. If ANYTHING, your response in here is going to get more attention to the incident than my TWO mentions of it. Nice work dude. :lol: Maybe if you would actually READ the first thread I made.....you would see I did NO smearing of any kind. I even waited until I knew there was a 100% problem before I even mentioned the dealers name. I'm sorry that's not nice enough for the Dealership Internet Forum Superhero that you are. Deal with it.

I only mentioned the event at all to to show the OP that he could have been MUCH worse off, and that, yes, people do make mistakes, AND make good on them. You had to take it ALL out of proportion and take it personally.

I think that I'm perfect because I expect to get what someone promises me, and CHARGES me for, that is CRITICAL for my car to not die in the middle of the road!?!?? :rolleyes: You, sir. are a moron.

Archived