LegacyGT.com

first aesthetic impressions: Legacy 2.5i wagon vs. Outback

I just saw the two cars at Bob Baker Subaru (where the sales guy said they are getting the GT's june 4) in El Cajon, CA. My first impression of the Legacy was that it looked kind of anemic. The front end looked great, but it just didn't have an agressive stance. It could be because the OB looks GREAT with its bigger ground clearance, but I think its because the 16s are just too small for the car. Had I not seen the OB, maybe the 2.5i wouldn't have looked a little on the weak side. I did get to sit in both and the workmanship was amazing. They also had a OB 3.0 LLBEAN but the windshield was cracked so I couldn't sit in it. Leather and woodgrain looked tight. Also, those 18's look amazing. I'd have to say though that the silver, ABP, and OBP all looked great. And the grill on the OB is killer. Sorry for the lack of Pics....don't have a camera.

[quote name='bravoballer']I just saw the two cars at Bob Baker Subaru (where the sales guy said they are getting the GT's june 4) in El Cajon, CA. My first impression of the Legacy was that it looked kind of anemic. The front end looked great, but it just didn't have an agressive stance. It could be because the OB looks GREAT with its bigger ground clearance, but I think its because the 16s are just too small for the car. Had I not seen the OB, maybe the 2.5i wouldn't have looked a little on the weak side. I did get to sit in both and the workmanship was amazing. They also had a OB 3.0 LLBEAN but the windshield was cracked so I couldn't sit in it. Leather and woodgrain looked tight. Also, those 18's look amazing. I'd have to say though that the silver, ABP, and OBP all looked great. And the grill on the OB is killer. Sorry for the lack of Pics....don't have a camera.[/quote] Which model gets 18s? I thought that everything came with 17s? I agree with you on the proportions of the wagons. They are such that the 16-inch wheels look quite small. I wonder if it's the (relatively) tall sides? That OB grille almost sold me on an XT, irrespective of anything else. :lol: Kevin

The OB wheels are 17's. In comparison to 16's on 2.5i they probably do look bigger. I think the 17's on the GT still look small. I wish there were a few more exterior visual cues differentiating the GT from the 2.5i's other than the wheels and hood scoop. I truly wish they had brought us the GT as is but with the outward appearance of the JDM spec B.

I took his word for it on the 18s, but you're all right. They are only 17's on the LL Bean. They are a grey finish though and look nice all the same. Those combined with the ride height of the OB make it look like it could do some serious off-roading.

[quote name='bravoballer']I took his word for it on the 18s, but you're all right. They are only 17's on the LL Bean. They are a grey finish though and look nice all the same. Those combined with the ride height of the OB make it look like it could do some serious off-roading.[/quote] [img]http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2005/Subaru/100397911/029949-E.jpg[/img]

Indeed Dave, I think the off-roading (great pix at Edmunds.com) is compressing the suspension. It also looks like they're driving it pretty hard, from the other pics. There's one where it's almost in the sand up to the axles! Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Th3Franz']Is that the Garnet red pearl? :o[/quote] Certainly is...I know. I had the same reaction. :lol: Kevin[/quote] The downside (IMHO) to the GRP is that it's a common color for * both * the Outbacks and Legacies. I'd like there to be a Legacy-only red, separate from the Outback red. I don't mind that each has a red color, just that they should be distinct from one another. Which is a positive with RBP... it's Legacy only. :)

[quote name='racerdave']The downside (IMHO) to the GRP is that it's a common color for * both * the Outbacks and Legacies. I'd like there to be a Legacy-only red, separate from the Outback red. I don't mind that each has a red color, just that they should be distinct from one another. Which is a positive with RBP... it's Legacy only. :)[/quote] Darnit. That's one of the reasons I really like the red since I heard it was a GT only color, but the Outback gets it too, apparently. Oh well, somehow I don't see lots of people getting red Outbacks..

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='Th3Franz']Is that the Garnet red pearl? :o[/quote] Certainly is...I know. I had the same reaction. :lol: Kevin[/quote] That red certainly looks much better than from the garnet red dealer color pallette that I saw a couple weeks ago. Makes me want the garnet red again! It looks great on a monochrome Outback.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='bravoballer']I took his word for it on the 18s, but you're all right. They are only 17's on the LL Bean. They are a grey finish though and look nice all the same. Those combined with the ride height of the OB make it look like it could do some serious off-roading.[/quote] [img]http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2005/Subaru/100397911/029949-E.jpg[/img][/quote] :o :o

Archived