LegacyGT.com

Rota Tarmac II 18's in Hyperblack on...

rodan

Just finished putting them on the car w/ Pirelli PZero Nero M&S...

Before I get the "TTIWWP" replies, I'll get some pics up tomorrow, when its light out....

Anyway, some specs:

Stock wheel/RE 92 on my bathroom scale = 42.5 lbs

Circumference at 10k miles = 77.125" for a diameter of 24.55"

Pirellis in 225/40-18 on the Rotas = 44.5 lbs

Rota Tarmac II 18x7.5 = 19.5 lbs

Circumference = 78.75" for a diameter of 25.06"

I was surprised to find the tire weighs more than the wheel...

Anyway, they look pretty good by flashlight for now...:D

Pics added. I'll try to get some more when I have a chance to clean the car up. I'm pretty pleased with how they look. Really squared up the shoulders and filled out the wheel wells. Next...Sti Pinks.

Got the wheels from SubyDude, and can't say enough good about them!

I did get the only set of hyperblacks! ;)

LGTTarmacII-1.JPG.e1248000fa39ec2ed43e7c62e44b6b1a.JPG

LGTTarmacII-2.JPG.1ced1e9402eb407d5f4a949a9adb988a.JPG

LGTTarmacII-3.JPG.989781466ae3934b2b970c1659397ea3.JPG

Looks good, always nice to see the wheels on the car really gives you more of a prospective of how it fits with the lines.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- The Battle of Evermore

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

almondcookie - Offset is 48

Tripledigits - you're right about the larger wheel emphasizing the gap. I'm planning on lowering the car a bit, but don't want to degrade the ride quality. I'm hoping the STi Pinks will do the trick.

Calipers are stock, just painted them for a little more pizzaz. I still need to do the rears...

Thanks.

Wow that's 48mm??? The wheels I'm looking at are 40 and 42. I want some lippy goodness. I'm sort of puzzled and surprised that you found it to emphasize the wheel gap. How so? It it more of a visual perception for each person?

As with regards to the suspension, I'm really hoping what happened to my Prelude will happen to my Legacy. I guess you could call it "old suspension sag". I had 40k on it and still running the stock suspension. It's been to Summit Point Raceway a couple times, carrying 4 servers back and forth, I had 6 people in it at one time... in the end, when I did the +1 wheel, it automatically gave me that lowered look for free. I went from a 5 finger gap to a 3 finger gap. I never really noticed it with the stock wheels but with my new wheels I was shocked. Everyone at club meets kept asking me what kind of suspension I had ... i was like .. ummm stock?

I did end up changing my suspension at 60k with a fully adjustable tokico suspension kit and after I put it in... the suspension was definitely tighter and less bodyroll but it was the exact same height =P.

If you are just looking for some lip goodness, look into some of the Tenzo Racing wheels (I know, there's some rice-ness that goes with that name). But they do make some deep looking wheels.

I am surprised of how dark your "hyperblack" really is and there's not much contrast within the wheel itself to even see where your wheels end and your tires start.

I do love the painted brake caliper look to catch people's eyes to your rims while driving along the road. I am considering upgrading to Endless 4-pots calipers front and rear (Endless Red color, not the company blue logo) on stock size rotors if the SCCA rules allow me to go that far (I doubt it). I have pretty much gotten rid of all my 18" wheels except for one (used for street driving soon) and converted to all 17" rims to allow lighter wheels and bigger caliper clearance.

I think the car would look a lot better if the rims had a polished lip instead of a full hyperblack. Or maybe take a picture of the rims in broad daylight on a super sunny day to get the "BLING" showing.

Keefe

Keefe

Yea, my lippy goodness dream might have to end and reality may have to begin.

I'm probably going to go bronze. I have 2 wheels in mind. They're both multi-spoked but one has the spokes at a wierd angle and I'm not really sure how it will look. If bronze doesn't work out, I'm going for glossy/hyper black with polished lip.

I like what, I forgot who did it here, but the person stencil'ed SUBARU in white on a blue brake caliper. Looked nice. Maybe do the same thing but in a blood red with gray lettering?

white text on black

bronze text on black

silver text on black

black text on silver

red text on silver

white text on blue

yellow text on blue

My personal opinion is that I don't mind people painting calipers but everyone always picks red to be brembo-like. Why not another color? Show a little originality.

I like the Endless cyan color. I have a magazine article from HK that has a Toyota Chaser with Endless rotors and gold Advans. The rotor hubs had the cyan color also. The picture was shot with a longer exposure so all you saw was the rotor with the Endless caliper attached and a blurry gold center sitting in front of the cyan rotor hub. Around the rotor was a thin band of blue and gold (the rim in motion) and around that was a black band (the tire in motion). You saw no spokes - It was the hotness.

Looks good! Now post up some pics with better lighting!

Pics added. I'll try to get some more when I have a chance to clean the car up. I'm pretty pleased with how they look. Really squared up the shoulders and filled out the wheel wells. Next...Sti Pinks.

Got the wheels from SubyDude, and can't say enough good about them!

I did get the only set of hyperblacks! ;)

hmmmmm, hyperblack. i like that color...i think. i'm not a big fan of black/dark wheels (ok deep down i HATE them) but i'm gonna have to get some my for car b/c any other color will look retarded! the silver/black contrast is nice. post more pics when u get a chance so i can see if i REALLY like the color!

Kenda

The sun wasn't even over the horizon when I took the pics this morning, so the wheels do appear very dark. They lighten up in bright light, but are still darker than some other 'hyperblack' wheels I've seen in person (PIAA and Enkei). I would have LOVED it if they were available with a polished lip... but oh, well.

As for the calipers, I wanted them to grab your attention through the wheel, and red is the least ricey choice... Original, no.

I took some more pics in brighter light, will try to post them later...

Some more pics....

In the pics they don't look a lot different, however in person they don't look nearly as dark, and have a subtle 'black chrome' appearance. I'm pretty pleased.

They really aren't that heavy for the price range (comparable to Enkeis, for example), and I just couldn't justify $400/wheel for anything less than a race car. I'd much rather spend the $$ on other suspension improvements and tuning...

Actually the Enkei RPM2 was my first choice (love 'em on Driver 72's silver sedan) but my wife didn't like them, and it is her car, after all...:D

LGTTarmacII-4.JPG.1e91f80b7b32f7d067551dc2894b22e1.JPG

LGTTarmacII-5.JPG.e82f424de70b97cd4791de669121ab42.JPG

LGTTarmacII-6.JPG.9628641f51b330c6d6722413558331a6.JPG

• 2 months later...

Archived