LegacyGT.com

The Bailout, Coming this January

urs1ne

:lol:

It looks to me that most governments seem to plan on bailing out "their" car industry - essentially creating a status quo.

So far the Swedish government has been very reluctant on providing a bailout for Volvo and Saab. And we have to wait and see what happens.

453747.png

It looks to me that most governments seem to plan on bailing out "their" car industry - essentially creating a status quo.

So far the Swedish government has been very reluctant on providing a bailout for Volvo and Saab. And we have to wait and see what happens.

what? I thought SAAB was GM and VOLVO is FORD

what? I thought SAAB was GM and VOLVO is FORD

Yes - but since they aren't located in the US and the US bailout may be restricted to the US sites then the other sites will be left dangling.

But now we are going too political... My bad...

453747.png

Sveden should make offer ya?

Haha. I printed this up and passed it around at work. Got alot of the "unamused" faces.

<----- Works for chrysler.

And as for ford, I heard they got invested in by thier european couterparts and walked away from bailout talks as they would no longer need the money. Could be misinformed though.

Haha. I printed this up and passed it around at work. Got alot of the "unamused" faces.

<----- Works for chrysler.

And as for ford, I heard they got invested in by thier european couterparts and walked away from bailout talks as they would no longer need the money. Could be misinformed though.

Or it could be the "We're stopping production for at least 30 days..."

That's gotta be awkward driving a subie to work... kinda like showing up in a subie @ a construction site. Everyone thinks you're unamerican. Then i show them the made in Indiana sticker... It's an american car dummies! Just Japanese engineering :spin: .

Or it could be the "We're stopping production for at least 30 days..."

That's gotta be awkward driving a subie to work... kinda like showing up in a subie @ a construction site. Everyone thinks you're unamerican. Then i show them the made in Indiana sticker... It's an american car dummies! Just Japanese engineering :spin: .

Yeah, I have a coworker who regularly argues with me about being "the reason america is so messed up". Then I point out that I'm supporting american workers (my car also build in Indiana), and remind him his ford was manufactured in Mexico :rolleyes:. To alot of people here I'm a "punk kid". They got thier first impressions when I was first interviewed and showed up in my 300+hp wrx with fmic pipes sticking out the front, haha.

Yeah, I have a coworker who regularly argues with me about being "the reason america is so messed up". Then I point out that I'm supporting american workers (my car also build in Indiana), and remind him his ford was manufactured in Mexico :rolleyes:. To alot of people here I'm a "punk kid". They got thier first impressions when I was first interviewed and showed up in my 300+hp wrx with fmic pipes sticking out the front, haha.

My argument is this, we obviously have very very good manufacturing abilities here in the US, and Japan knows how to engineer damn good cars, combine the two and you get a really really good piece of engineering. And you still support US blue collar labor, which the union guys can't argue with :spin:.

I agree, it's awkward being the only non truck (foreign station wagon at that), at a construction site. I've been known to get the punk kid thing too, but hey I carry my gear in style :lol:. I think rice burner got thrown in there, but that might be the stickers and exhaust on a wagon.... :cool:

Their opinion changes a bit when I mention how much millage is on it and how good it looks at 14 years old with 186k on the dial. :rolleyes:

Archived