LegacyGT.com

Source for good quality Carpeting?

Kaos22B

When I had my RS, we looked everywhere, for years, for properly-fitting carpet kits. The GT carpet may as well be out of a Bentley, compared to that stuff.

But we couldn't find carpet that fit, or was any good, or both. Quite frankly the best choice is to go to a custom interior shop and have them make you something, unless there really is a good aftermarket kit for the Legacy. I've just had very, very few good finds with the Impreza, or actually several other brands (from being an online forum junkie for 11 years :D ).

When I had my RS, we looked everywhere, for years, for properly-fitting carpet kits. The GT carpet may as well be out of a Bentley, compared to that stuff.

But we couldn't find carpet that fit, or was any good, or both. Quite frankly the best choice is to go to a custom interior shop and have them make you something, unless there really is a good aftermarket kit for the Legacy. I've just had very, very few good finds with the Impreza, or actually several other brands (from being an online forum junkie for 11 years :D ).

This IS for my RS :)

I just dont wanna bother going to nabisco to ask and getting useless replies. ;)

I remember searching for the interior carpets as well. I was part of that initial buy of those "custom" molded carpets, but those fit horribly and the owner of that business was a hack.

What I'm doing is just covering my custom floorboard. That site seems to fit my needs well, I'll report back with the quality when I get it.

But when it comes time to redo the interior carpet (after the cage) I'll be taking it to a shop and have a custom one fitted.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't recall the exact place I've ordered from before, but here's another:

http://trimstore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TS&Category_Code=YGAC

I placed my order with these guys

Although, I'm kind of bummed with their shipping choices. Only fedex and its kind of expensive for what it is.

We'll see how the carpet turns out.

This IS for my RS :)

I just dont wanna bother going to nabisco to ask and getting useless replies. ;)

I remember searching for the interior carpets as well. I was part of that initial buy of those "custom" molded carpets, but those fit horribly and the owner of that business was a hack.

What I'm doing is just covering my custom floorboard. That site seems to fit my needs well, I'll report back with the quality when I get it.

But when it comes time to redo the interior carpet (after the cage) I'll be taking it to a shop and have a custom one fitted.

The best-fitting carpet kit I ever saw, was from a group buy that happened roundabout 2001. Even that one had issues. I never once saw a carpet that was even close to worthwhile.

I still say that if you want something decent, have an interior place just make one for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered and received what I believe is called the "superflex" carpet in black from the trimstore.

It was decently easy to work with, as I wrapped the larger part of the floorboard so far. It's BLACK, like jet black, which I like a lot. Let's see how the rest of it comes along and I'll post some pics.

Here is a before pic to show you what I'm working on.

IMG_0153.thumb.jpg.49cb60760a61c0efdbe3032ce3a296b7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived