LegacyGT.com

Rallitek springs installed on 2.5i!!!

naimouasta

The fronts are high on the spec b, but its still lower than stock. These springs are great. This is how I would have expected the spec b and the GTs too feel out of the factory. Because my cars a daily driver its perfect for me. I should have pics up by this weekend. Too busy to take pics and post.

You think this could cause some high speed instability?

I hate my tophats then :rolleyes:. Well now I will wait until my shocks go out so I can get some coilovers.

I love these springs even if my car looks like I have 200 pounds of crap in the trunk. There is no tradeoffs on ride quality that I can tell without back to back drives, but there is a large improvement in roll and stability. If anything the new springs have showed how soft the steering bushings are and might be the next change needed :spin:

It should help with the front to back movement. A sway bar is what you would be looking for to help with body roll.

Yeah i have rallitek front/rear sways, they are great. I just want to get rid of a bit more body roll and the pitching and diving. I'll do some more research.

I have another question, do these springs eliminate the pitching and diving the car does with stock springs? I would like the drop, but I want to get rid of body roll and all of the rocking the car does upon acceleration and braking :)

OMG this is one of the things i hated about the stock suspension, the pitch and dive. these springs definitely will get rid of most of the pitch and dive. i have HIDs and with the sharp cutoff of our lights, it was actually annoying to see the beam of light point up and down everytime i tried to accelerate and brake. now there is minimal up and down, pitching and diving. considering the price, this is probably the best single mod we can do. what i need now is what you have, the rallitek antiroll bars. :)

• 1 month later...

how do the springs feel now that you've had em for a while? how do they feel with the new rims/tires?

still havent bought ralliteks yet but im stuck again cause it looks like theres still a large gap in the front and i want a little lower, cleaner...

how do the springs feel now that you've had em for a while? how do they feel with the new rims/tires?

still havent bought ralliteks yet but im stuck again cause it looks like theres still a large gap in the front and i want a little lower, cleaner...

i'm not gonna lie, i do wish the ride was a bit better, but i'm sure its because of the stock struts. theres too much oscillation with the larger bumps. this is already apparent even with the stock setup. if you have the money, definitely get koni's with them. i would never go back to stock though.

yes they don't lower as much as some other springs but it is definately cleaner looking than stock. also since they are not super low, the car still has usable clearance for daily driving. no crawling around being scared of scraping.

and with the new tires/wheels + alignment; the car rides awesome on the highway, nice and stable. i just put on 1600mi round trip from pa to ga this past weekend.

btw on my roadtrip down south from PA to GA, there was not one single subaru from north carolina on, wth?!?

Archived