LegacyGT.com

DIY Custom Interior Trim

I did the same with my interior. Ill get a thread up sometime. I went a little bit further with painting the trim with a fading silver to charcoal metallic finish. I also re-vinyled the center console pieces, rear pillars, and the rear dash. I also installed LEDs behind the door handles, and in the door compartments. Im not quite finished, but it looks great.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think the factory material would come off as easily as say the parking brake boot?

I'm sure you could pull it off...I believe they actually use the same kind of glue for the factory material

I actually used some black vinyl that looks identical to wrap the two trim pieces on the sides of the radio console...I messed up the first time so I had to re-wrap it, but it came off very easy. I put a pic of it in the first post (last pic).

• 2 weeks later...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103658&highlight=door+panel+removal

post #11 has the front door panel. That thing is double sided taped on like a mother ......

I had a donor practice part and I eventually managed to bend it out of the way to get the center insert out, bent pretty out of shape and couldn't get it back in shape to fit right.

i went kinda wild with suede on my current vehicle...never again...i dont live in so cal trying to keep suede clean in new hampshire is just a game you cant win at.

i'll prob do a black something on the door panels, visors, and headliner though. the pics i've seen on here look sick.

the led puddle lights .....thats DEF happening. those are awesome!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived