LegacyGT.com

Surprised cops find rolling keg party in back of U-Haul

Drift Monkey

Instead of furniture in the back, police on Monday found a rolling keg party with about 20 people drinking whiskey and beer. Eleven people were charged with underage drinking.

"They all kind of froze and didn't know what to do, I guess," officer Robert Marshall said.

The partygoers told police they rented the truck for someone's 21st birthday party because the bars were closed. The moving party was traveling streets without a particular destination.

The truck's driver first told police he was hauling a couch for a friend, according to police reports. But Marshall said he became suspicious after hearing scratching noises in the back of the vehicle.

The truck's driver was charged with reckless driving because the people in the back could have been injured, police said. Officers allowed the partygoers to call for rides and no one was arrested.

Article link

Why wasn't DM informed? :lol:

One of the guys that used to work for me a few years ago was involved in a major accident down at UVA in the early '80s. Same deal. Uhaul. Mobile keg party. Driver lost control and crashed. Killed three in the back. Made vegetables out of a few more. The guy I knew had a metal plate put in his head and had severe memory problems.

Call me old, but those guys in SC are lucky the police stopped them.

Archived