LegacyGT.com

Swaybar noise?

panamajack

It should only squeak if the bushings require grease but don't have any. Or, simply over time the bushings will wear out and they'll be squeaky then, but that's virtually inevitable after 10's of thousands of miles.

I would suggest using white teflon grease or a special urethane grease on the bushings when you install it and torque it to the recommended specs, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Be liberal with the grease and don't choke the bushings with the brackets. Other than that you may every so often check the bushings and make sure the grease didn't wash off. I've used Mobil 1 Synthetic grease and have not had any probs. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I doubt you can even choke the bushings anyways if they are the correct size. I think the torque specs are around 25 lbs at most.

Keefe

In my Rx you could, tighten those puppies down too much and it looked like snot commin out a nose. :) Not so much on the GT. Just makin a point as to what could cause a squeak.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I am getting a knocking noise out of the front of my car - I only put AVO bushings in (no endlinks yet). Everything is tight.....maybe too tight to let the bar move laterally? Not sure I can get my torque wrench under there unless I put it on a lift?

One side Q - I greased the inside of the bushing only....should I have done the outside too?

Archived