LegacyGT.com

Your first AWD Snow experience

you know I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on your previous posts. and I applaud you for sticking around through the constant bashing.

but seriously?? are you an attention whore or something?

Do you all think we should have a noob/FAQ forum like NASIOC? I'm sure I would be posting non-stop just as much as this guy :lol:

Seriously though, I'm sure most of the members of legacygt.com have had some experience with Subarus, turbos, AWD, heck even cars in general. There are also people, like me, that don't have the same amount of knowledge and experience with cars. I must say I was intimidated by this forum at first, but I slowly learned by reading, not by posting every single thought that entered my mind.

I think you guys should keep him considering a few posts of his I looked over makes this forum seem lets say entertaining. The pure entertainment he brings to this forum is priceless. So have you guys seen those Ken Block videos, there really cool.:lol::lol: I was surprised he hasn't posted anything about that yet!

I'll answer the question! :) My 1st snow fun was umm there was a Thursday snowstorm with like 1.5 ft of snow. and traffic was going on all the main roads. I saw a road that wasnt plowed which would have been a good way to go home.. and took it. It was up a good hill too. I was happy I had my Legacy and not my Eclipse. The end. Night!

AWD instead of normal FWD or RWD isn't just double the advantage, it's more than that.

Just experiencing more control and traction compared to a 2WD is making me not wanting to go back to any inferior drive system.

453747.png

I was making a right hand turn at ~3MPH in less than an inch of fresh powder.

About 3/4 of the way through the turn the back end of the car kept swinging around and the car drifted into the left lane. A little throttle and counter-steering resulted in the back end of the car swinging the other way and eventually the car ended up drifting into the oncoming lane.

Death to RE92s....

Sounds like too much throttle and/or too much counter-steering. Sorry but plenty of people, myself included, did not have this problem with RE92s in the snow.

Aww...come on guys I didn't think this thread was THAT bad.

My first AWD experience coming from a light RWD car:

Much more stable and confident moving through the snow. More fun as far as feeling that I won't go flying out of control. Less fun because it wasn't about to sh!t myself out of control :p

Yeah accept for the fact that....there are hundreds of threads just like this one and he attacked it himself with an AE. Alex has a few issues I think he needs to address before he becomes the site troll, I mean Vimy was bad but at least he made sense and could spell......oh and I have a question whats a bacholars(sp?) degree?

Freudian slip?

:lol: crap, now whose the idiot!!! thanks! I swear I'm not that guy:lol:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived