LegacyGT.com

Wagon owners, please advise...

Dusty B

Alright, I have myself an 05 lgt wagon. Was wondering what some of my fellow wagon owners are runnnig in ways of STOCK struts and aftermarket spring combos. Kind of what I'm looking for:

- What brand?

- What type?

- Wagon specific?

- Running saggy butt spacers?

- Rub with 18's?

- If ya have any pics, flaunt'em!

I should add that I plan on running either rota torques or g-forces in the 18x8.5 48 fitment....

Any help and/or pics will be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be buying springs soon and I'm having a hard time picking what I'm going to go with. Did do a search and didn't find all that much info. Thanks!

None of the aftermarket springs really work well with the stock struts. I used H-techs and at first they were fine. The ride was not bad and then within about 6-8 months my struts gave out and the rear started to sag. Then you felt every bump and it felt like the rear would bottom out went I took off hard with just a stage 1 cobb tune. I went and spent some money on the KW V.2 coil-overs over a year ago and they still ride great. I has a firm BMW type ride never harsh. You might have better luck with Spec. B struts and aftermarket springs. Alot of people like that combo. I just went with the Coil overs because there are so many combo of struts and spring I just want my setup match.

I'm running 19"x7.5" w/225/35/19 45 offset and I don't rub. The wheels tuck into the fenders.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/005857.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/172407.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/112332.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/112326.jpg

you said you wanted picture.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I put Swifts on my stock wagon struts. Rode nice for awhile, but the reduced suspension travel was sucked. Your best bet is to match a strut and spring combo. More expensive, but worth it in the log run.

PS then you can sell your OEM assemblies to me:)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I put Swifts on my stock wagon struts. Rode nice for awhile, but the reduced suspension travel was sucked. Your best bet is to match a strut and spring combo. More expensive, but worth it in the log run.

PS then you can sell your OEM assemblies to me:)

Haha, sounds good. Yeah I did the spring swap first on my old wrx for a lil bit. I ended up going to a set of Stance coilovers afterwards and talk about harsh.... It was ok on that lil street car, but I want to be a little more lower for now, still fit some 18's, and try to keep some of the ride quality that lured me to the lgt. Coilovers will ulitmately probably be the end result after a set of springs though. Guess I'm stuck in my ways, haha :rolleyes:.

bc racing br coilovers for a short time

now koni inserts with wangans, might be selling those and putting in pinks

How do you like the Koni's?

I had 'em on my 5.0 and my Tbird back in the day, really liked them over stock.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I have swifts as well with stock struts. 225/45/18 wheel/tire combo. Been okay for a year but now I'm finding the rear sag a bit (Does look even with the front though). My impression is that the struts are on their way out. I am now getting rubbage on the fronts with big bumps and inclines , something I did ot have a problem with before. Probably going the pink/Bilstein combo route soon or maybe the KW 2 coilovers if the wifey approves.

How do you like the Koni's?

I had 'em on my 5.0 and my Tbird back in the day, really liked them over stock.

much better over stock... need to find a matching spring though, wangans are not good the koni's... i think wangans would be better on stock struts, since they're so soft

there's a big koni thread here

much better over stock... need to find a matching spring though, wangans are not good the koni's... i think wangans would be better on stock struts, since they're so soft

there's a big koni thread here

No, stocks are just as bad on wagons as they are on sedans. You can find springs and coil over that are made for wagons.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived