LegacyGT.com

The case of the dissapearing coolant.....

jonklein611

I know i posted about this once already, but it came back and I still can't figure it out. My coolant overflow tank was just about empty once I got up to school on sunday.

Here's what I know:

1. It's not going into the oil (so no head gasket issues). My oil is clean and at it's standard level.

2. It's random, level won't change for weeks, then poof goes away (yes i check it like every week)

3. No visible leaks / puddles in garage / parking lot.

4. Tends to happen on longer drives

Any ideas? I think it might be a small crack on the one plastic tube connecting the radiator to the bottom hose, but I can't find the damn leak..... :mad:

Any places that I could get a new radiator cheap?

Thanks in advance.

- Jon

• 4 weeks later...
100% sure its the cap, ran the car for a while and noticed steam coming out of the sides of the cap. Time for a new one...

Hi, I have a related question:

I noticed steam emanating from my radiator this morning. (pretty sure it was the radiator and not the cap). Do I just need the cap replaced or should I get this checked out at a shop?

Also, the coolant level in my reservoir is extremely low.

Thanks and happy holidays =)

Hi, I have a related question:

I noticed steam emanating from my radiator this morning. (pretty sure it was the radiator and not the cap). Do I just need the cap replaced or should I get this checked out at a shop?

Also, the coolant level in my reservoir is extremely low.

Thanks and happy holidays =)

If it's coming from the radiator, it's probably leaking. Just take it to a shop and have the system pressure tested. The leak will be easier to find.

Archived