LegacyGT.com

STi Dead Pedal?

OCDetails

Is there an STi dead pedal that matches the rest of the set? I'm actually not a fan of the STi pedals. I would rather have the WRX ones without the red buttons on it. That way I could just buy THIS PEDAL and not have to worry about it matching. However, if there is a matching STi pedal then I can probably learn to live with it.

http://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/1d/cd/9c_1.JPG

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

There is a dead pedal, but it's only for RHD cars! :( I feel your pain. I will probably end up going with WRX pedals, which I think is classy as well, but I assume you have STi pedals that came with your car, so I don't know what you can do.
-ben

I dunno.... I could be wrong, but this sure looks like a left hand drive set up to me...

http://www.jcdrenguis.com/nasioc/STi_pedals.jpg

I got that pic off of NASIOC. and the search continues.... lol I get a little obsessive about this kind of stuff. I wonder if I could find someone to trade the STi pedals for their WRX ones and then I'll just buy the WRX dead pedal....

OCDETAILS BLOG

What do you think about just getting a blank piece of aluminum or something in place of the factory plastic dead pedal? It wouldn't have pink dots on it, but the aluminum part would match anyway. I was looking at it again last night and it just looks so naked down there. I think WRX pedals are going to be my only acceptable solution... My mom's husband has a pretty modified WRX. Maybe he'll trade me pedals just to be a nice guy. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

I was having the same problem as you guys. Should I buy the Autospeed? Should I try and find a STi one? If so where? I kept searching on line and saw a few different ones which never really looked like much of a match with the STi pedals but I found some custom pedals from www.WRXEVOlution.com. They are machined aluminum and have raised ridges on the circles insteed of using the rubber coming through the holes. I think the pedals look really cool. I talked to John and after several conversations they sold me just the dead pedal. They now sell just the dead pedal for $34.95. I will try to get you guys some pics of the dead pedal and some pics of the dead pedal mounted. :lol:

I dunno.... I could be wrong, but this sure looks like a left hand drive set up to me...

http://www.jcdrenguis.com/nasioc/STi_pedals.jpg

I got that pic off of NASIOC. and the search continues.... lol I get a little obsessive about this kind of stuff. I wonder if I could find someone to trade the STi pedals for their WRX ones and then I'll just buy the WRX dead pedal....

That dead pedal is the RHD one, meant to go on the tunnel (thus the angle). IMHO, it looks odd being smaller than the pedal it replaces....plus, there is glue under the stock plastic pedal.

MastroWRX.Com has the WRX pedal covers and Autospeed dead Pedal for $95 shipped. I have them on my car and they look 'right', like what the car should have come with (Australian 3.0R's do).

Found one source (google is my friend) for auto and manual, left and right hand drives. Looks like what I've been looking for.

I emailed them a request for a quote for shipping to the usa.

Am I right to assume the pedals are interchangable between the legacy and the impreza?

http://www.stiracing.com/list.php?type=&pageid=2&rowcnt=14&id=1

http://www.stiracing.com/product/85.jpg

http://www.stiracing.com/product/98.jpg

The more I look at the STi pedals, the more I don't like them. I've gotta get the WRX ones. That pink just doesn't work for me. Add that to the list... lol Anyone wanna buy some STi pedals? ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

The more I look at the STi pedals, the more I don't like them. I've gotta get the WRX ones. That pink just doesn't work for me. Add that to the list... lol Anyone wanna buy some STi pedals? ;)

I hear you about the pink. If I had a manual on this car I'd go with the wrx pedals too.

Call Mastro - I am sure they can work up an AT pkg. for you. The WRX comes with an auto right (with those pedals)?

Not that I've seen on the parts lists that are out there.

But it might be worth a call.

I had black rubber dots on my 2k celica I traded in for the 2.5gt limited. Much nicer than pink dots.

The WRX came with an auto trans option. If that car has the same type pedals as the 5sp, you can put together a set like the one Mastro already does.

I checked with my local dealer and they quoted me $100 for just the WRX pedal covers.....so Mastro's price is a very good deal. They are a vendor on this board - you can PM them too.

Mastro told me the automatic WRX has regular pedals and the MT has the metal ones with the black rubber nubs.

Appreciate that.

Wonder if Subaru is telling the drivers with automatics something with that message. Gee. Pink might be my new color cause I don't think vinyl dye will work on foot pedals. These piddlin stock rubber pedals have got to go...

Archived