LegacyGT.com

Retune required for straight pipe?

FPerron

I posted this in the "Intake and Exhaust" forum, but got no response.

I'm at stage 2.5 with a 40bb turbo tuned for Torco and Perrin turbo back. If I replace the Y-pipe and mufflers with a straight pipe (for track days, only), do I need to worry about running too lean?

I am not certain, but I doubt you will need a retune and I am even more sceptical about the straight pipe making more HP. As far as I know, the Y and mufflers are not that restrictive and considering you are running (a very sweet, but small) VF40 turbo, I am not sure a straight pipe will give you much more HP than your existing turboback exaust.

As far as I know, the Y and mufflers are not that restrictive and considering you are running (a very sweet, but small) VF40 turbo....

Same map both runs, one with stock CBE(y-pipe/mufflers) the other run w/ Magnaflow CBE(3" Y-pipe, 2.5" dual Magnaflow mufflers):

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-367-1226970810.gif

Thats a 13whp/18wtq gain using the same exact tune w/ aftermarket y-pipe & mufflers.

I'd still be interested in seeing a complete stock tune LGT vs a completely stock tune LGT w/ aftermarket CBE.

^ BTW, I can't wait to see your power numbers when you get a DP!

Crucial DP & race pipe are in the mail from 2 members on here. I have the Crucial P&P&C'd manifold w/ Grimmspeed X-pipe and Crucial Uppipe on hand. Now I need to pickup some new oem gaskets & I'll be set.

Archived