LegacyGT.com

Still 2 months away

CJs GT

Ordered a 05 Lgt wagon 1-22-05. The salesman said app. 8 weeks. So I emailed SOA and asked them. I talked to SOA rep on Fri(2-11) who told me the car would not start production for 3 more weeks:( . He said that the order was marked hot:redface: and that it would make it arrive as fast as possible. So still looking like 6 more weeks minimum. I want to be driving my Gt now but hopefully the wait will be worth it......Charlie

I can tell you that after waiting 8 weeks for mine, it was worth every minute, especially since I got to seat the brake pads myself, keep it under 4K rpms (and still pretty much do that) during the break-in period and know that that only other person to drive my vehicle after it hit the dealer was the guy that did the PDI.

Keep us posted on your progress.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I ordered a SWP GT wagon with 5MT and no options. From what SoA told the dealer (allegedly) the white ones take longer because they really don't do many of them as a normal allocation. So they wait to get a number of them, then run them through the line together.

I placed my order on 12/15. They said it was built on 2/3, but I have yet to see it. :( Was supposed to have been on the truck on Monday 2/7, so WTF is taking it so long?

The wait isn't bad... until they dangle that carrot out in front of you and keep yanking it away. ;)

I too am getting a swp wagon. My dealer, Irvine Subaru has one, but it has 134 miles on it and it has a early vin #. I think those could be a hard 134 miles. Can't find another one. Don't want to settle for a color I don't care for. I also think that maybe some of the issues I have read about here may have had a chance of being addressed...Oh well unfortunatly patience is not one of my strong points.,,,Charlie

Well, I see I am not alone in my quest for a SWP GT Ltd Wagon w/black int. I ordered first of the year from Irvine also. Last week I was given an update, which was that they basically had no firm date for delivery yet. They said their Subaru rep was there that day, and that the rep was telling them that the white with black int. were hard to come by. Given Irvine's status as a high-volume dealer, I would have expected them to get high priority from SOA. They offered other configurations but I said no thanks. So, I continue to wait--I agree it's tough. (Subietonic--can I hear more of that "It's definitely worth it" stuff?). Admittedly, with weeks of more waiting possible, thoughts of an 06 creep into my mind, but I just don't know if that would be worth waiting for, and I understand it the first allocations could be late fall. My empathy to you others in the same boat.

What information is needed about my order when e-mailing SOA to check on status? Can you tell me how to do this?

Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue.....

CJC

Wow. I had no idea there would be a wait on these. Maybe its because you are getting a wagon. They had the car I wanted with all the options I wanted on a lot nearby. Well, it was about 70 miles away, but it was still gettable. I went in on saturday for a test drive, went home to put my car back to stock to trade it in, and then came back on Monday to pick up my LGT. Are wagons harder to come buy or something?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

5MT SWP w/Black Leather LTG Ltd wagons in SoCal are really hard to come by. Just did a check of dealer inventories for one within 100 miles of Los Angeles and this was all that I came up with:

Santa Monica Subaru has one SWP LGT Ltd Wagon w/5MT. Of course it could be slid off the map by now in all the rain but even the one that Irvine had in their inventory is gone now.

SWP is a rare color in the Wagons. I didn't even find another SWP Ltd Wagon with 5EAT.

So, CJC - I know the wait is tough but it will be worth it, trust me on this one. My delivery was almost 5 weeks past when I was told initially that it would be available. Turns out there were no SWPs in the stock pipeline. As the SOA rep commented, your's is being built on a Hot list, just like mine was. Just means you're special, if that helps at all.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well I ordered my swp sedan w/black interior last week (2/15). They told me it could be 8-10 weeks, but it really depends on what is in the pipeline at the factory. If they have a white ready to go, they will ship it to where it is wanted, on the order the order was palced, otehrwise you wait. From what he told me is that when they make the colors, they dont just make one, they make a bunch because of paint labor and what not.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents from the dealers up here in Washington State (Carter). He told me to be realistic that there is a chance it will never come. I dont really care for the other colors, so I dont knwo what to do if I Cant get white.....

is it cheaper to order a subaru than to buy one off the lot?

The Mulroney sticker has the same price wether you order or buy off the lot. Beyond that, there are lots of varialbes involved.

In the end, how much you pay is up to you. Don't sign if the price isn't acceptable, and be sure you know exactly what you are agreeing to when you sign. Good information is your friend.

Search on this site, plus here's basics:

HELP

MORE HELP

• 1 month later...
The Mulroney sticker has the same price wether you order or buy off the lot. Beyond that, there are lots of varialbes involved.

In the end, how much you pay is up to you. Don't sign if the price isn't acceptable, and be sure you know exactly what you are agreeing to when you sign. Good information is your friend.

Search on this site, plus here's basics:

HELP

MORE HELP

For me if I want a lot of extra options ordering one custom made would cost less at Van Bortel, but who knows how much they'd deal once it comes to buying time.

Archived