LegacyGT.com

What should I get for under $6000?

ManviRRR

Well thanks for trying to make me not get a fast car and stuff. You guys are kind of acting like I don't have a car. I have 2 cars already. My mustang is just too slow and shitty (ford.. duh). Ok, about handling, will an '00 lgt handle better than a '98 mustang?

Typical child response.

every point made, flew over your head. :rolleyes:

Dude, at your age a fast car isn't what you should be looking for! don't care how many cars you've had. You don't have years of driving under your belt like others here have.

Here:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24649520-5006301,00.html

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952325

Want more? Point is as invinsible as you think you are you aren't. So don't get all pissy when the older people on the forum try to give you some good advice.

Well thanks for trying to make me not get a fast car and stuff. You guys are kind of acting like I don't have a car. I have 2 cars already. My mustang is just too slow and shitty (ford.. duh). Ok, about handling, will an '00 lgt handle better than a '98 mustang?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yeah, keep the speed under control. I wouldn't get a fast car with a turbo because it would tempt the hell out of my to drive like an idiot... I drive pretty reasonably for an 18 year old, but I had a friend die in a car crash going 120MPH. So whenever I start to drive fast I think of that and slow down. I don't want to hear from you posting back that you died in a car crash:confused:

I think y'all should bite your tounges abit and give this kid a break. And as for the age thing, he may not have as much expirence as most of us but that doesn't mean he is a worse driver or can't handle a car with a decent amount of power. I mean look at Lewis Hamilton, he's 22 and is the "officially" the "best" driver in the world, and I promise you he was a better driver than any of us on here even when he was 17.

ManviRRR hasn't said anything that deserves the bashing y'all have given him.

If i were you ManviRRR i would be looking at very used saab 9-2x's and 03 bugeye wrx's (the same car with different body). The Legacy is very mature, especially pre 05 models with no turbo, not very "fast" at all.

My son will be looking into almost this exact same market in a few months and these are the cars he WILL be looking at ;)

Oh and now i've gone out on a limb defending you here, please dont go wrecking a perfectly good car, thanks :)

Dude, at your age a fast car isn't what you should be looking for! don't care how many cars you've had. You don't have years of driving under your belt like others here have.

Here:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24649520-5006301,00.html

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952325

Want more? Point is as invinsible as you think you are you aren't. So don't get all pissy when the older people on the forum try to give you some good advice.

if i didn't read the story... i would never have guessed it's a WRX... that car got messed up badly. :eek:

and ditto what you said about the experience. thats my main point.

with what me and my Dad have in his garage, we could build a 500-700hp big block and drop it in a small car this weekend...

fast? you bet

practical? who cares.

will we do it? too old to care.

One of my dad's friends we've known forever... used to drive this 84 crew cab dually that he painted up real nice. (he has his own paintbooth in his garage) We knew the truck had a big block from the sound of it, every vehicle he owned had lots of power... but he drove this truck like an old grandma.

one day another friend of ours started messing with him about how he drives, and how gutless the truck must be if he drives this slow. the gauntlet was thrown.

he came to a stop with traffic passing on the left. he looked over at the guy and floored it.... thats when we found out the truck had a 650hp 454. you could not see for blocks behind him with the tire smoke, when he let off after a block or two... 120 in a 30mph... the truck was a monster, he just didn't care to drive it fast or flaunt it. and i bet MPG on it was more GPM when he did...

he still drag races off and on, the only guy i know personally to break 250mph.

when you see him on the street, he's the guy doing speed limit, and taking forever and a day to get to it. on the track/off road... he can't go fast enough. (or shut up, but that's another story :lol: )

it's one of those age things. if i would have had that truck at 18... i'd have used the power. and may not be here today. Everyone at 18 or so thinks they can handle all the power they can get their hands on.

:lol::spin: Cool story, but i don't think you can speak for every 18 year old alive, n this guy is looking at 150whp legacy sedans not 650whp trucks.....can you see what i mean? We have no idea who this kid is, or have any idea of his driving ability. There is no replacemnt for experience, but that doesn't give us the right to beat up on anyone.

correct, but i also agree with backlash. guy could be a race car driver. but i doubt it.

but that doesn't give us the right to beat up on anyone.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived