LegacyGT.com

Carbon Motors E7

http://carbonmotors.com/images/marquee1.jpg

Specifications

OEM Carbon Motors Corporation Vehicle Platform Codename E7 Brand Carbon Motors™ Nameplate To Be Determined Assembly Location Under Negotiations Price Comparable to Retail Passenger Car Outfitted with Law Enforcement Equipment. Detailed pricing will be announced in a few months. POWERTRAIN / CHASSIS

Engine Forced Induction 3.0 Diesel Recommended Fuel Ultra-low sulfur (ULS) Diesel or BioDiesel Driveline Rear-Wheel-Drive Horsepower 300 bhp Torque 420 lb-ft Transmission 6-Speed Automatic Front Brakes 14" Vented Discs, ABS Rear Brakes 13" Vented Discs, ABS Wheels 18 x 8" Steel Tires 245/50R18 Front Suspension Struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar Rear Suspension Multi-link, coil springs, self-leveling shocks, anti-roll bar DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 122.0" Front Track 66.9" Rear Track 66.9" Overall Length 200.0" Overall Width 78.0" Overall Height 64.2" Ground Clearance 7.0" Curb Weight 4000 lbs Weight Distribution (front/rear) 50% / 50% Front Headroom 40.0" Rear Headroom 38.5" Front Legroom 45.0" Cargo Volume 20.0 cu ft Fuel Capacity 18.0 gallons PERFORMANCE

0 - 60 mph 6.5 seconds Quarter Mile 14.5 seconds @ 98.0 mph Top Speed 155 mph Braking 60 - 0 mph 125 feet Lateral Acceleration 0.85 g Combined City/Hwy Fuel Economy 28 - 30 mpg SELECTED FEATURES AND OPTIONS

All-new purpose-built vehicle platform exclusively for law enforcement

• Meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements
  • Designed to 250,000 mile durability specification
  • Turn-key built-to-direct-order - 24/7/365 call center support
  • Turn-key end-of-vehicle-life process
  • Comprehensive warranty
  • Aluminum spaceframe body structure
  • 75 mph rear impact crash capability
  • Cockpit with fully-integrated factory fitted law enforcement equipment
  • Integrated emergency lights, spot lights, take down lights, and directional stick
  • Segment exclusive coach rear doors for safer suspect ingress and egress
  • Vehicle dynamic control
  • Anti-lock brakes
  • Optimized approach / departure angles and ground clearance
  • NIJ Level III-A (or better) ballistic protection (front doors and dash panel)
  • Purpose-designed seat for use with on-body equipment - Heated and ventilated seats
  • Heads up display
  • Reverse backup camera
  • Remote start capability
  • Driver specific intelligent key
  • 360 degree exterior surveillance capability
  • Automatic license plate recognition system
  • Video and audio surveillance of rear passenger compartment
  • 130hz - 350hz bass siren
  • Nightvision compliant interior illumination
  • Integrated forward looking infrared system (FLIR)
  • Integrated shotgun mounts
  • Optimized storage capability (compartment and cargo)
  • Integrated front and rear passenger compartment partition
  • Hoseable rear passenger compartment
  • Integrated push bumpers and PIT capability

* Carbon Motors Corporation reserves the right to alter specifications at any time without notice due to business or technical improvements Meets or exceeds all regulatory requirementshttp://carbonmotors.com/images/car2.jpg

http://carbonmotors.com/images/car7.jpg

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

dont want. Looks like they rebadged an accord up front, or maybe a TL or TSX

http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2007/august/2008_accord_1.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/2009_acura_tsx_press_image001.jpg

I read about this car in one of the car rags. Made for law enforcement agencies, uses the 3.0L twin turbodiesel BMW engine also found in the 335d (with a little more aggressive tuning). Fully outfitted with radios, lights, laptops etc from the factory. Not intended for civilian sales at all.

I read about this car in one of the car rags. Made for law enforcement agencies, uses the 3.0L twin turbodiesel BMW engine also found in the 335d (with a little more aggressive tuning). Fully outfitted with radios, lights, laptops etc from the factory. Not intended for civilian sales at all.

I understand that. I still really like the cars.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I understand that. I still really like the cars.

I agree, that would be a great US made car to be able to buy even if it did cost $45-50K for a "civilian" model. It would have plenty of room, good handling, good performance, and good fuel economy. It's what a modern Cadillac should be right now.

I agree, that would be a great US made car to be able to buy even if it did cost $45-50K for a "civilian" model. It would have plenty of room, good handling, good performance, and good fuel economy. It's what a modern Cadillac should be right now.

Maybe a Chevy or a buick.

Cadillac has not always been about good performance and handling, and really hasn't ever been about good fuel economy. The Cimmarron doesn't really count as a Cadillac, as much as a Cavalier with badges.

It is supposed to be about good american-brand luxury for those who can afford it.

If this were a civilian model, it would be closer to the old civilian version of the Checker Cab, or somewhere around a 300C with BMW diesel power.

This thing is neat in concept, but there is a fundamental flaw in their concept:

1. It will cost probably twice what a current police package Crown Vic/ Impala/ Charger costs.

2. Agencies count on resale of cars (usually at auction) to get some of the cost back, and these have no such market to the public, and would require major modification to remove the police equipment (more $$) before you could even resell them.

3. Local governments are (for the most part) too cheap to care about something that helps anyone get the job done easier/better/safer. It's all about the bottom line...

Archived